Is dating an older guy that big a deal?

I live in a town where almost all the girls are dating dating someone 1-6 years older and I don't see the big deal.My boyfriend is a couple of years older and it doesn't bug me.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Usually more often than not the guy is at least 1 or 2 years older than the girl.

• He is by the way but my town has girls with guys at least 20 when they themselves are 15.

• That's illegal. My only other opinion of differences in ages is this. If it's more than 11 years it's too much. Why? Because anything after that, technically speaking..they are old enough to be your mom/dad.

• Sorry 10 or lower for me is best

What Guys Said 3

• well, it certainly bugs the hell out of the single guy the same age as you whom you rejected FOR the older guy! lol

• no big deal ; I'm 47 and I'm dating a 30 year old

• Ever heard of statutory rape. Look up the law in your state.

• So what, we aren't having sex yet.we promised that we would wait.

• Thats so lame, okay I understad the worry of beind taken advantage of but let them worry about that

• Do what you wanna do.

What Girls Said 3

• When you're over 18 then it won't matter anymore accept for people's opinions. When you're under 18 there's legal issues that most guys tend to abide by and I don't blame them, who wants to go to jail?

• No it's not a bad thing.

It's just that when you are a minor society makes it to be something horrible.

I suggest you wait until your 18.

• no not at all my boyfriend is 10 years older then me. We started dating when I was 16 and nobody aproved it then at all but now I am 22 and its not a big deal. We have a 6 year old son together and I am due with a little girl in august. Then we are getting married. Everyone is alright with us now. age differance seems bigger when your younger and you go from teens to twenties.