How long before asking her out on OkCupid?

I found an online dating profile of a girl I knew in Law School and who I was friends with on FB. I talked to her maybe a couple times in school, we were more acquaintances than anything. Anyway, I sent her a message on the dating site because I always kind of had a crush on her. We have exchanged 4 messages each way so far tonight, I usually wait a little while to ask someone out on those sites, get to know them first, but since I already kind of know her I feel maybe I should ask her out sooner? Or at least ask for a phone # quicker? I have never done this with someone I knew before. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• Do it! Odd that you already know her..so definitely ask for a date! First say its easier to text as your not on the site that often..and then when you get her number text and move towards the date!

• Thanks, gave her my #, she texted me next day and then I asked her out. Basically like you told me

• Yay! Great..the positive thing is you already know her..alota people online aren't what they seem so therefore your ahead of the game! Another positive she gave you her number..i think she's interested!

• Yea I haven't talked to her since we texted two days ago. I asked her out and she said that'd be nice but it was her birthday this weekend and she had plans and we should set something up in a couple days. I'm gonna text her happy bday tomorrow, should I try setting something up then too, or wait until its not her bday anymore and just text her happy bday tomorrow and leave it at that?

What Girls Said 3

• try it.whats the worse that can happen, she says no? go for it

• I meant how long to wait before doing it? I noticed most girls on dating sites liked chatting a couple days before I asked them out, and would get creeped out by asking too early. But I figured it is a probably different situation when I already kind of know them.

• you already know her so anytime old be apropriate

• if there's chemistry between you both, then it'll come naturally at the right time for asking her number

• sooner rather then later is best as a general rule when it comes to this stuff

What Guys Said 3

• Get her number ASAP. If she won't give it to you, don't email her anymore even if she tries to continue emailing. Many girls try to keep endless emails going for attention then disappear so you'll be wasting your time.

If she can't meet someone based on what's written in her profile she has no business having one and she's just another reason online dating is a waste of time. Plus she already knows you in person so all the "It's scary" stuff definitely can't apply here.

• I say get her phone #, and ask her out the next day over the phone (to make it more personal).

Do this ASAP. I don't understand why so many guys wait so long to ask out a girl! You cannot end up in the friend zone if you don't allow a friendship to develop!

• If I were you I would just get it over with she may not stick around for very long .