Continue text penance or give in?

My ex broke up with me (in October) because his life is hectic and a bit of a mess, and he didn't want to keep "dragging me along". There are days where I really miss him and want to text him. However, I want to give him his space and keep moving forward as well. I have only texted him once (Christmas Day) and I used to see him on campus whenever he still went to our school.

People keep telling me to let him come to me. It's hard and not texting him kills me. Sometimes I wish I just would, but I also don't want dead conversation.

Should I continue the text fast like I am or should I text him? If so, what do I even say?

Most Helpful Girl

• I had the same problem and people would say don't text so for a month and a half I didnt, but I really missed him. I got really sick over it. I was so ill I couldn't walk anymore. Finally some on this site told me, fight for him, so I sent him a song and said I would sing if I could. It was a remake of elton johns song, (your song), and I sent him a pretty face picture and told him I missed him and I hope we could be friends. I told from the heart. And guess what that night we spent together we cuddled and he told the only reason he was witb.me was my persistants. I did give him space and thought a lot, and when I felt calm enough without tears that's when I texted. Listen to your heart he may want you to reach out.

What Guys Said 1

• Its over , so put yourself out there and meet someone else or live in the past like you are doing.

What Girls Said 2

• no, let it be for now, he broke up with you so let him miss you and reach out .If you text him you may not like the results so why reopen that wound

• I broke up with my ex in nov for the same reason and reached out to him a few days ago and we talked a little, its obvious that there are still feelings between us but today I found out he's been seeing a new girl and it kinda sucks but I broke up with him because I didn't want him to wait for me to sort my shit out. I don't think texting him would be the worst thing in the world, I wish my ex would have texted me