Is it possible to be in love with someone you met online?

So I met this wonderful guy online. He is very nice, gentleman and cute too. We talk about a lot of things and we like the same things. he is very talkative and funny. We Skype always and we text. We are about the same age. I think I am in love with him. I have never met someone who thinks so much like me. It's been a year since we started talking and it's really great. We are talking about meeting each other this summer. I'm very excited. So is it really possible? I think I'm in love with him. I always think of him and I always dream about him. Whenever my phone beeps I always wish it was him who texted me. He said he likes me and I like him very very much. The late talks at night and the way he laugh and the way he speak is just sooo, idk, it makes me happy. I'm happy whenever we talk, just the thought of him makes me happy also.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's possible, and these relationships are becoming more and more common every day with the huge influx of social media and internet use. I, myself, happen to be in an LDR that started online by chance, and I can confidently say that I love my partner.

I will not lie to you though -- Online relationships are a lot of hard work to maintain. Though there are pluses, such as having time for yourself, you have to deal with the physical separation, and truly trust one another. Without trust, it is easy to become anxious and overall miserable because you are constantly wondering whether or not your partner truly feels as they say they do. You must understand the steps that are involved in making these sort of relationships work, including the time and money investment to meet each other, and the talk of who will move where once the two of you get comfortable enough and are ready to take that big step.

So for now I would say just take it one step at a time. Don't let anyone pressure you into anything that you're not comfortable with. And most importantly, be safe! If you meet him, meet him with a trusted family member or friend, and always have a backup plan in case things go south.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes it is. It isn't where or how you met, it's how you feel about each other and how you treat each other. The next step is meeting person to assure yourselves you really do love each other: faults, quirks, and all.

• yes there are chances...but don't know how long it goes...

• Maybe if it's possible without meeting in person

What Girls Said 2

• This is a tricky question to answer. Personally I think it takes certain kind of people, but in some cases I do think it is very possible. My only warning would me to be careful, and keep in mind that every thing you know about that person is only what they allow you to. You may know all the wonderful things about them, but just know you don't see or know anything about them they don't want you to, which can often lead up to unrealistic expectations in real life.

• I think, you have to meet the person quickly because when it's just online, you don't really see how the person really is.