Is it worth my time?

I started dating this guy who lives about an hour away from me and everything started off amazing. We instantly connected. I met some of his family and friends. He is so sweet and treats me perfectly and I have bad trust issues and just waiting for him to break my heart. He is always texting me miss you. He was engaged to another women about 5 months ago and we just met one month ago. I asked him about it and he said that ship has sailed that’s not what he wanted. We don’t have a title yet just still dating. When we talk he is always saying stuff like we are going to do this and we are going to do that. He is not good with texting like I want him to text me every day all the time but that doesn’t happen. Yes he texts me every day but not sweet things like I would like. Am I moving too fast or is there something I should be worried about. Since I have trust issues I feel like when he doesn’t text me he is with another girl. He says when he goes into something he goes in head first I told him that I'm not that type of person I just dip my toes in. I'm scared to dive right in and get hurt. When I ask him to hang out he will go I can't tonight. In the last week yes we have seen each other 3 times but like this weekend I wanted him to hang out and he goes I can't going up north... Should I just take a few steps back and give him space?

What Guys Said 2

• i think you are definitely presuming the worst to assume that he's doing something wrong because he's not texting you. I think that you should just allow things to happen in due time and not assume the worst. I understand not wanting to get hurt but not receiving a text immediately back shouldn't be a reason to cause concern

i would be a bit cautious because he's only five months out of an engagement. so I would just want to keep an eye out that he is definitely ready to date again...but otherwise this sounds like a pretty good thing you got going

• I’m just so set on getting hurt because of all past relationships. I keep just trying to find way to back out of it because of that fear. I never really have dated a lot of people and just didn’t know what to expect. I really appreciate your advice you are so right. I just need to go with the flow and see where it goes.

• I know what it's like to feel the way you do. I've been in crappy relationships and then found myselfs in relationships afterward with one foot already out the door, ready to bolt at the first sign to avoid being hurt.

If this is a good guy just try and be patient and practical. be cautious but try not to sabotage yourself

• I was already half way out the door ready to move on but there is something really special about him and trying to just step back and let it all happen on its own time. The past can really mess with your mind for future relationship because they make you think it’s okay to be treated bad and its not.

• There are probably 10,000 things a person could be doing other than texting. Only one of which is being with another girl. You need to stop being so worried and possessive.

• You are so right! I just think because I'm not busy other people are not busy either

What Girls Said 0