So I am 26 and really have only had two girlfriends, both for under 6 months. Both were so drastically different that I don't know which relationship was considered more "normal". I met a new girl I really like and don't want to screw up it up so I need advice!
My first girlfriend and I started contacting each other daily from the first day I got her phone #. I sent her a text after I got her # and she called me that night. We talked on the phone every single day from that point on until we broke up. She also strongly hinted that she wanted to be my girlfriend after Id say three dates and only a few weeks, so we made it official then. We kissed our first date, but didn't have sex until about month into it and after we were official.
Second girl I dated didn't seem to like the daily contact, and got mad at me sometimes and said I was clingy if I texted too much. She also didn't like calling and would mostly text. We didn't kiss until the third date, but we also had sex the third date shortly after our first kiss and I stayed at her place that night. We never really discussed being boyfriend and girlfriend and never called each other that, but we did once have a conversation where we agreed that we were exclusive with each other, which I guess is the same thing basically.
So you can see, drastically different in a few areas so I am trying to get a feel of what I should do with this new girl. She is someone I knew for a few years because she went to my school, but I maybe had one conversation with her in that time. I finally talked to her online recently and got her phone number. She texted me two days ago and I ended up asking her out, she said that sounded nice but it was her birthday this weekend and she had plans already but we should set something up in a couple days. I didn't text her yesterday or today, Ill send her a happy bday text tomorrow.
But what I need advice on is...
1. Are kisses on first dates expected?
2. How much contact should be made early on when dating? And call or texts? (Personally Id feel weird calling her until we got together in person again, but I may be wrong)
3. How many dates do you go on before making things "official" or having an exclusive talk?
4. How many dates are normal before you have sex with someone?
5. For a 26 year old, is going to dinner too boring/typical for a first date? Should I try something else? I haven't talked to this girl much before and haven't even seen her in about a year. We re-connected online.
Any other general advice would be much appreciated!
Most Helpful Girl
1) Not expected but usually happens depends on how the night went. If you drop her off and she seems to be lingering and not just dashing off kiss the girl.
2)Texting depends on the person I wouldn`t say go two days without texting but that`s just me texting a hey every day isn`t weird to me but that's just me
3)I don`t do the exclusive talk till 2months (really I don`t do it till the guy brings it up) I believe my boyfriend brought up if we were together 2months in and as much as we were exclusive I didn`t let him ask me out till month 4. But I hate relationships
4) That completely depends on the person lots of girls have a time frame for it some just go for it
5) Going to dinner is great just as long as you talk you get to know each other. You can throw in bowling or a game deal but don`t do movie you can`t get to know each other.
Just remember that there is no normal relationship. Every couple is different1