If a girl doesn't text you back, does that make you more interested or not?

Let's say you know this girls likes you based on the way she behaves around you. She may have even had a crush on you a while back.

So you text back and forth. But she feels as if texting back is redundant and useless, so she slows down the responses.

Does that a) pique your interest, making you pursue her even more?

Or b) question her interest in you, and it makes it seem as if she really isn't that into you?

It's all kind of a sick game really. I just want to know what guys think.

Most Helpful Guy

• I try to suggest phone calls and leave texting for the little messages like "hope your day's going well" and stuff. Or I'll text to plan the phone call. So when I text someone it's as simple as possible followed by suggesting a time to call them.

I honestly feel texting is destroying relationships so much and that text messages constantly get misread leading to more fights over misunderstandings. I try to talk on the phone with people yet girls don't seem to like to. So it causes a huge communication gap when trying to talk but not together.

What Guys Said 8

• Probably B. When a girl doesn't text me back I assume she's either too busy to respond or too disinterested to bother. Idc really about the timing of the messages, I mean most people assume the quicker the reply the more she's interested, but I don't think that delayed responses necessarily reflect a declining level of interest. But overall, yes if a chick was texting me and slows down responding I'd probably question her interest in me

• Personally it wouldn't pique my interest. It depends on how much we see each other and communicate. I would lose interest if we weren't communicating. Some guys would be more interested because things that they can't have may become more alluring. That doesn't work for me though.

• I'll add I think it's because I like straightforwardness and to avoid bullshiting. I don't think this is really the norm but I'm not sure.

• Definitely B. I'd get the impression that I'm annoying her and stop texting her.

• It is a game. If a girl doesn't text back, it p*sses me off.

• If a girl doesn't text back after saying "I'll let you know" ... I move on and lose interest.

• defiantly b...i would doubt;therefore, my confidence would be down. That will probably make me wonder, then move on to someone else as quickly as possible. For me, I do not like to waste time on someone who does not like me ...So once I get a strong clue...that she doesn't want a relationship...i will move on to someone else...

I would say slow down your response time, but always get to them back...or you can call...i think that is actually the best way to communicate

• B- lose interest then start to detach myself. I don't read minds so I will assume she is losing interest.

• B - unless she were to tell me that she isn't much of a texting person, which would suit me as I don't particularly like texting

What Girls Said 1

• Im that way.. I think texting sucks.. I won't wanna sit there getting to know someone through text. The guy I'm dating loves texting though and expected a good morning, good night, hello during the day, thinking of you , etc etc texts.. If I don't maintain this texting behavior all throughout the week then he will complain. Last Friday I didn't text him good morning and he said that he thinks I'm not interested in him and that he doesn't have time for this. he also said "I purposely didn't text you since Thursday night to see if you would contact me" LOL...Games!

so I explained myself and had to tell him 100 different times how interested I am in him but that I hate texting and I prefer to get to know him in person when we see each other. We've been dating for 3 months and having even said we are in a relationship..

Ugh just stay consistent... guys will think you're not interested if you don't stay constant. Trust me its annoying.

• My ex and I would basically text to ask things like if we were low on milk, but we did live together I guess.