Would you go on a date with someone else if you had a boyfriend/girlfriend and if so why would you?

Would you ever go on a date with a person you just met if you already had a boyfriend/ girlfriend and if so what might be a reason?

I met this girl at a store and asked her out. She gave me her number but told me she had a boyfriend and didn't want to mess that up. We since went out and had a great time. Why do you think she would have gone out with me? She did again mention her boyfriend during the date but was eager to hang out longer with me and mentioned doing something different next time we hung out.

• I'd only do what she did if I thought I might really like the new person and want to possibly date them
  • I'd only do that if I just possibly wanted to hook up with the new person
  • I could see myself doing that if I was just trying to make new friends.
  • I would never go on a date with someone I just met if I I already was dating someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, never. 1) I don't stay with a man unless I'm emotionally invested, so if I have a boyfriend, I wouldn't want anyone else so there's no point in going out on dates 2) that would be CHEATING and cheating makes my skin crawl and my stomach sick.

She's clearly either 1) not interested in her boyfriend anymore 2) doesn't care who she hurts 3) a whore 4) a VERY selfish person or 5) ALL OF THE ABOVE.

If she's only interested in being friends she's very naive about how grown up relationships work. You don't go on one-on-one "get to know you" dates with people of the opposite sex when you're committed. It's super sketchy. any new friends have to be friends of the COUPLE, meaning her boyfriend too. She's not including him, therefore she's being a sneaky bitch.

What Girls Said 13

• If I had an open relationship? Yes

If I had a poly relationship? Yes

If I was in a monogamous relationship? No

• she obviously has no respect for her boyfriend or his feelings or his relationship and she sounds like a whore. say you two were to start dating, say she breaks up with her current boyfriend and then starts to date you. who's to say she's not going to go out on a date with someone else while she is your girlfriend? she sounds like bad news. I could never, ever, ever, in a million years, even fantasy about doing that to my boyfriend. and if I did, I'd have the decency and respect to leave him rather than sneaking behind his back. do you really want to be in this situation? wouldn't you rather date a girl who isn't attached?

• No. If you want to go out with other people, leave the relationship. You have to think about if the tables were turned, how would you feel? I know I would be extremely hurt, so I wouldn't do it to someone else.

• If I already had a boyfriend and our relationship was going strong and I really loved him, not just buddy, buddy, then no I would not go on a date with someone else because then hell think I'm cheating on him and would feel let down and upset.

• lol that's weird. if you just met her and she wanted to strictly only be friends and hang out in a group with her boyfriend too then sure. but her boyfriend will most likely get jealous... so idk. she seems pretty dumb to me.

• We didn't hang out in a group. We went out alive and I doubt the boyfriend knew.

• What do you think of all this? I would most definitely not trust her as a person.

• No!

• Excuse me, but that's called cheating. I'm not a cheater.

• No for 2 reasons:

1. I would helping somebody cheat. I don't believe in anyone cheating.

2. Their current partner might find you and go crazy.

• I had to go with D

• of course no

• I'm a one man at a time kinda girl.

• No. I have so much respect of my boyfriend.

• I'm 99.9% sure her boyfriend doesn't know about the date you two had. No person in a working, trusting, committed relationship would ever do that. I'd say stop going on dates with her, to be fair to the guy. Also, this should tell you something about her personality. If she can do it to her current boyfriend, she'd probably do it to you if the relationship got that far. I don't think you'd like that either.

What Guys Said 6

• Hell no. If your in a relationship you shouldn't be going on a date with someone of the opposite sex. Even if you are just doing it as friends its not fair for the person your in a relationship with.

My reason for this is because people find new things "fun" after that first date you may see this new person as fun and fresh. Then you might look at your current relationship comparatively and find it boring.

• If would do it but only with permission from my partner.

And obviously, it would be friendship and nothing more! I like to get and to give a little freedom but of course only if you know you can trust each other!

Dating in this case is just meeting people. Nice chat, some jokes, but no other contact!

• thats kinda cheating in my head

• Option B

• Of course.

But she has little respect of her boyfriend - if she had no respect for him she wouldn't have told you about him. But unfortunately there are all too many attention w++++s in this world and most of whom never tell they have a special someone when they are flirting with a stranger

• No, because I can't see myself in a relationship that isn't monogamous.