Is it okay to casually sleep with a guy till you meet somebody special?

I have been hanging out with a guy for a little while now.

Basically we say we will start dating but than it doesn't happen. So I have now lost interest in anything serious with him.

Question; would it be okay to just sleep with him while I am getting to know other guys? And till I meet somebody I want more with?

I was the one who suggested this. Do you think it's okay for females to suggest these ideas?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine so long as you accept the possibility that you might meet a guy you really end up liking and he might find out you're sleeping with some other guy so he'll lose interest. Not saying every guy is like that, but some guys if they meet you and find out you're casually sleeping with some guy, they are just going to write you off as not serious/unavailable.

Aside from that, as long as the guy is discrete, why not? As long as you don't think this guy you're sleeping with will catch feelings.

What Guys Said 7

• I think it can work in some ways, but what you describe sounds risky.

Here's why:

I think you are saying you have sex with guy A. Meanwhile, you go on dates with guys you are potentially interested in dating. But you're not sexual with them. Now maybe after a few dates, you decide you want more with guy B. So you start dating, end things with guy A, and begin dating guy B.

If guy B learns you've been sleeping with guy A casually while making him wait because you wanted something serious, it's going to be a -big- issue.

• I think you already know the answer to your own question. Tell me, do you think it is OK for a guy to sleep with you while he searches for something better than you and ones he does find, he simple will dump you in a dirt just like that. Because he has no more use for you. Apply same concept to a guy. Remember, guys are not machines, we are humans and we have feelings too.

• Guys do it all the time.

It's funny too because a guy will date a girl while sleeping with someone else, yet the girl he is dating will be like "He's so sweet! He's taking it slow with me..." yet he's having rough sex with another girl.

• I personally don't care about a woman's sexual history but I wouldn't exactly be too impressed if I knew she's sleeping with some next guy on the side, especially if I start seeing her. What would you think of me if you went on a couple of outings with me (pretend I'm a guy you want more with), and you heard from the grapevine that I was regularly banging some other girl on the side?

Bottom line: As long as you and your FWB are clear on where you both stand with each other then there's no harm in doing what you're doing while simply meeting other guys and weighing your options, but if you start seeing another guy then its probably best not to complicate things.

• Yeh it wouldn't leave a good impression on me that's for sure. I would get the impression they weren't too interested.

• I think it makes sense as long as you can reasonably trust him. Sex is good and we aren't always in serious relationships so that kind of sex isn't always realistic.

• That's exactly right. I don't like to sleep around but I still have sexual needs.

• Get yourself a toy, it's cheaper and easier lol.

• what was his reaction when you suggested it?

• He said yes. But was asking a lot of questions as well. Like he was curious why.

• The guys a lost cause.

• Not many guys are into girls sleeping with other guys. Has to be a very special circumstance (aka they don't care about you more than just to get off).

What Girls Said 2

• It's okay, although you've got to remember what you're looking for. If you're looking for a guy you click with and would want to pursue a relationship with, if you sleep around with a lot of guys prior to that I don't think a decent guy wouldn't be very impressed with your sexual history.

• I don't see a big deal with it. Only idiots think women don't do this. Don't wait around for prince charming if you don't want to. If a guy is smoking hot but you don't feel an emotional attraction to him, do him. It's your business.