Going on a date with a guy who is a cop?

So I met this guy and we are going on a date later this weekend. I learned that he works as a cop.

Have any of you ever dated a cop?

What kind of guys are employed as a cop? nice? mean? etc (I barely know him, this is only our first date)

Anything would help!

Most Helpful Guy

• I work with a lot of police. There are some that are truly nice guys. But a lot of them are dogs and have a sense of entitlement. And are cheap. They are always wanting something for nothing. Especially younger ones. I'm including the females in this too

They are trained how to talk to people to control a situation. Getting people to say what they (cops) want to hear. They think nothing of bedding everyone they possibly can. Working with them is one thing. Go on a date with one sure. Get in a relationship? No way.

:-)

What Guys Said 5

• They are usually very stressed, and are naturally suspicious of everyone--even their own family members! It's really hard for them to not bring their work home!

• If he gets outta line strike him on the end of his nose and say "Bad cop, not donut!". Works every time.

• My dear friend, cops are also human beings. They also will have their pros and cons. You can go on date with him. Anyhow you are not marrying him. Just forget that he is a cop and enjoy!

• Usually they are compensating for a small brain and a small penis. They tend to be arrogant and think they are more clever than most people. They usually fail to realize that they took a test most intelligent 3rd graders could pass. I don't care for the majority of the police. The fail as decent human beings most of the time.

• Guess the truth hurts. sorry little piggies

• Some people say that cops are people who might otherwise have become criminals. In other words, they have that kind of mentaity. I think there's some truth to it, because as a cop you have to be bossy and forceful, and you're enforcing all laws, even the ones you disagree with. I could never do that.

But treat this guy as an individual. It doesn't matter what other cops are like. Judge him as an individual.

What Girls Said 3

• I have dated two.I can't speak for all of them but from what I have experienced,they were being controlling and possessive towards me.Its like everything they did was right but when comes to me doing the same thing it turned as something bad.I guess most of them have self-entitlement attitude because of their job influence.Not to say all of them are mean but yes I can say many of them have bad attitude.

• Why do I constantly hear the words "mental institution" going through my head here

• There are very few good cops around, if he turned out really nice, then you have really earned him.

They are more likely to abuse their power and generally are nasty and negative.

• I've dated a few cops. A lot of them were really bossy and demanding. Then again, I am pretty quiet so bossy, dominant guys tend to be attracted to me in general. :S

They tend to have moustaches more than average. I don't think that's a stereotype. LOL.

Seriously, though, I think cops are like everyone else -- there are some in it because they want to do good, some are on a power trip, some just saw it as an available job they could do, etc.