Whats your typical reply when people ask/text you 'How are you?' or 'How was your weekend?'

Whats your typical reply when people ask/text you "how are you?" or "How was your weekend?"

1) Vague - good/bad and yours?

2) Descriptive - blablablablalba how was yours?

• Vague - good/bad and yours?
  • Descriptive - blablablablalba how was yours?

Most Helpful Girl

• The first one. I work in retail so the vague response is second nature at this point.

What Girls Said 15

• By vague I mean, no response at all.

Why even begin that boring conversation, lol

I hate those texts.

• vague. usually no one actually cares. one time last year I had an awful day and was just really upset and one of the guys I lived with asked how I was so I asked "do you want the real answer or the usual answer?" and he literally said "uh yea just the usual answer." so I told him it was fine and shut my door in his face.

• I describe superficial things like who I hung out with, what I had for dinner, what I bought but I'm descriptive.

• I usually reply good or bad, talk about some of the things I did, then I ask and yours?

But if I'm not close with person that I'm talking to my answer is vague.

• Usually it's vague unless I'm REALLY close to you then I'm just like descriptive but I like to talk/text a lot so. :)

• depends

if it's one of my best friends ,I'm supper descriptive

if it's just an acquaintance or a normal not so close friend ,I just say good ,you?

• I'm usually descriptive.

• I usually reply with "Whose this?"

• it depends on the person I close with

• Awesome! :D! Yours? :p!

• Descriptive.

• Good, you? Always my response lol.

• I'm usually vague unless something really exciting(or possibly bad) happened that weekend lol.

• I respond usually with "it was good". I usually have good weekends.

• Unless I'm feeling particularly fantastic or just can't wait to tell someone about something that's going on in my life, I tend to keep it simple and vague.

What Guys Said 10

• If there is nothing big and interesting then I'll just say that it's like the usual.

If something interesting happened then I'll describe it.

• Depends entirely on who I'm talking to. If it's something I'm fairly close to I'll give a brief synopsis of what went down. If it's just a buddy/acquaintance I don't even really see much I'd be vague.

• What if its someone you are close to but their answer was vague. Would you still be descriptive in your reply?

• When someone says "How are you?" I often respond with "Better than the rumors."

• "Alright, what about you?"

but if its one of my close friends.

"What? I'm busy with (insert absurd idea here)"

• Same reply I always give it was alright.

• well I don't usually get texts, but when people actually ask me that, I give the "whatever" reply and just say "i'm ok/alright/good"

but in reality, it's much more than that... but I won't give the truth when it's not really convenient to talk about or to people who don't really care about me.

• Vague. To be honest unless you went skydiving or something similar(or you are a close friend), I probably don't give a shit about your weekend or how you're doing. I also feel that most of the time when people ask that, they are just making conversation. See above sentence.

• Mostly vague. I'm generally more detailed when someone asks me "what's up?" or something similar.

• I met someone I used to love more than she pretended to love me. She asked me how are you and I just said "good , good" and kept walking without asking back.. . That's what I say when I don't want to say anything actually. I was polite enough to answer

And it's kind of an useless question... It's so vague. What else can you say to "how are you". "What have you been up to lately/since we last met" is a better one...

• I usually just say "good, and you?"