How would you feel if you could only date your boyfriend every once in a while?

It is as the heading implies. How would you feel if you could only go on dates with your boyfriend every other week. If your boyfriend is an important and busy man, would you dump him because he does not take you places every day? You guys still see each other pretty much every day, but only for like a half hour or so. Would you end a relationship because of this? by the way your boyfriend is a hotty, wears nice clothes all the time, cut his own hair uniquely, and smells pretty nice. I'm not sure if the last part will change your answer or not. Give me yes or no, please explain why. Also write in how much time you would want to spend with your boyfriend or girlfriend :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in a similar situation now. My boyfriend comes up every other Thursday (he'll be in town tomorrow yippie!) and stays until Sunday. He goes to college an hour away so he's up here twice a month and I go visit him once a month (for one day) so we see each other 3 weeks out of every month.

I think it helps us be closer together as a couple since we're forced to talk to each other more than just be with each other. I don't mind it at all. We're both pretty introverted anyway and don't like spending too much time with people so it works out well

What Girls Said 8

• I haven't been on a date with my boyfriend in I'm going to say September. From Oct to Christmas literally Christmas morning he was trucking. In the summer right before that from August to September he was working in a different town. It's not constantly like that but I'm still happy most of the time. Don't get me wrong I freak out now and then about it. But I still have to feel important. I understand work and you can't change it but if I feel worthless I wouldn't stick around. Looks has nothing to do with it. I don't care if your Brad Pitt or George Clooney (Ok maybe Clooney) looks aren't what make you important neither does how much you make

• I wouldn't mind. That's how most of my relationships go, anyway. Just spending time chilling at home and only going on actual dates a couple times a month or so.

• It depends on the girl. Some girls can deal with every other weekend. Other girls need more often. Right now in doing the every 2 weeks. As long as there is trust and communication, don't see why it wouldn't work

• i don't like seeing anyone too often. I have a specific schedule and I prefer to stick to it, so I'm fine with seeing him soaringly. I don't expect to go places everyday. that sounds way too intense, I also wouldn't expect him to take me. I'm not a child. I'm fine if we decide something nd do it. bit it neednt be everyday.

• Maybe I am weird but I would love it! I hate the idea of a relationship where you are ALWAYS together!

• Unfortunately I only get to see him every other weekend cause he lives an 8 hour drive away :(

But he makes the drive and I love him

• It would be hard but depending on why, I understand

• If you spend /quality/ time together while you're together (regardless whether or not you're by a candlelight listening to live jazz bands) then it shouldn't matter. It wouldn't to me, at least. Especially if you're actively pursing your dream I'd be happy for you!

But if the time spent with her is spent taking calls and chatting with other people then it's almost as if you're not even together. Being that busy of a man I'd recommend giving her your undivided attention. Meaning no phone, no computer. Doesn't have to be dates per say. Could be just going for a walk. Quality time can be spent doing virtually anything.

What Guys Said 1

• Eh? What? Why would you date a boyfriend/girlfriend? This makes no sense.