He doesn't kiss me in public

my new boyfriend doesn't kiss me in front of our friends. They'll say "aww give liz (me) a kiss" when he makes a joke but he doesn't.

he gives me hugs, and acknowledges me and even plays jokes on me like hitting me with a pillow when we are sitting with friends or honking the horn on my car when I open the car to get something. I mean just jokes that we end up laughing about.

should I give it more time? or not make it a big deal? or talk to him?

he has kissed me before in public recently, while we were at the movies but our friends weren't there. its weird because our friends do know there's stuff going on with us

Most Helpful Guy

• He sounds like he's shy. Don't worry about it.

• Idk. he's not nessecarily good in social situations but he isn't shy...

• A guy can be confident in a lot/most things and shy with others. It's not uncommon. If he's your boyfriend and you don't know why he's not kissing you in front of friends, what makes you think you know for sure that he's not shy even 1% of the time?

What Guys Said 2

• I wouldn't make a big deal about it. I understand where he is coming from. Kissing is fine in front of strangers but can be strange when you are with your friends. Typically those situations are more about the group than about the two of you. As long as he is still affectionate when you two are alone, I wouldn't be worried about it.

• I say don't worry about it. I don't like PDA simply because I have been hanging with friends before and a couple would kiss...it just makes everyone else feel odd. I mean I try not to kiss my girl in public but I have before. It's nothing to worry aobut.

What Girls Said 2

• Some people don't like to advertise. I'm the same. It's one thing for us to share a kiss around people we don't know (although not often), but I never really act PDA-ish around people we know. It makes me uncomfortable, and I personally think it is something private. They don't need to see us all kissy. He might just feel the same way, or be a little shy about showing affection in front of people who know you.

• He probably just insn't a big fan of PDA. It would bug me, but if it's not that big of a deal to you then let it go. If it is talk to him and try to fix it. My ex wouldn't kiss me at a min golf course because there were cameras.