Girls, have you ever "taken it slow" with someone with whom you had true chemistry?

Girls, have you ever "taken it slow" with someone with whom you had real chemistry?

I just started dating this lovely 25yo girl, we text up a storm but I get some signals that she might prefer to "take it slow". I don't mind that as such, but what is important for me is is it realistic that a girl can be STRONGLY attracted to me on a physical level and want to take it slow? Or she finds me "just okay but with good qualities" is trying to develop affection which isn't there (or just go out).

I ask for both our sakes as without strong physical affection it will fall apart sooner or later anyway.

THANK YOU!

And Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.

• You have other qualities she likes, but sexually she's probably just settling for you, at best.
  • It is completely realistic she is very sexually into you but successfully suppresses ad hides it
  • Something else
It may be that diff people hang out on here than why is out there dating or people simply put answers they would like to be the case.

I'm yet to see a girl who would meet an "OMG OMG SO HOTT" guy at a party and take it extra slow with him, while quickly getting in bed with a guy she has to tell herself she likes because he's got this and that going for him. Quite obviously it's the opposite. So why all these answers?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes a woman can be strongly attracted and take it slow. When I met my fiance' I was 25, and I was in the mood to date date date all summer and just meet a whole bunch of guys. I met him, we went on date, I even told him I was not interested in a relationship at the time and he pursued me anyway. I never went on another date with any other man. It was my strong physical connection to him that prompted me to accept his first date to begin with. I honestly did not think I would fall for him, but I did. I also took it nice and slow, I wasn't in the frame of mind to want to rack up anymore unnecessary lovers, so I wasn't about to take my clothes off quick. We dated for around 2 months before we finally had sex. He would keep trying and keep trying, and get a little further each time, as far as I was comfortable and then I would stop him and we'd just cuddle. Then one night, I just didn't want to stop him. I became his Girlfriend a week after that, we moved in together 2 months after that, and at month 8 he proposed. It's now been almost three years and we get married this summer :)

Point being, yes, when I was getting to where I wanted something serious, I was definitely wanting to take it slow in the physical department. He even told me the fact that I made him wait (especially the first night we met through mutual friends and I stayed in his bed but didn't take my clothes off) made him even more attracted to me.

• It IS possible to take it slow and be highly attracted. I don't know why you can't believe that, when plenty of answerers are saying it's true. I think my guy is about the sexiest thing to walk this earth, lack of physical attraction is not an issue here.

What Girls Said 8

• Do you mean in a committed monogamous relationship?

OR do you mean that you've gone on a few dates and have been talking to each other?

You aren't in a relationship until both parties agree, and list the terms of the relationship.

Chances are you two aren't exclusive yet, and if you are exclusive, it may be too soon for her.

I get physical with a guy, when the time is right. That can be after one week or after 6 months. It really depends on a multitude of factors, that changes from person to person and my comfort level with them.

• Given the still remaining societal pressures for women to be "pure", I would assume that she may be very attracted, but is trying to take it slow, so you don't think of her as "easy".

• Yeah, I've taken it slow because I don't want the person to get the wrong impression

(or to take me seriously).

As long as she is showing signs that she likes you and seems as if she wants a relationship with you, then all is good.

• She probably doesn't want to rush into it. A lot of the time, if you jump too fast into the physical part of a relationship, the emotional part lacks. She probably wants to make sure you're in it for the right reasons, and also that you'll have more in common than just sex... I wouldn't worry. :)

• She doesn't want to sound easy and fast to you despite a physical attraction.

• Of course it's possible. Most women are instinctively much more cautious than men. And taking it slow is a good way to test whether a guy is worth caring about or whether he's just another player out there.

• Yes I have

• I am physically, mentally, emotionally, and sexually attracted to my boyfriend but I do not have sex with him for religious reasons.

What Guys Said 2

• I chose B; many girls that "take it slow" is usually based out of fear. Most of the time it is fear of messing up something really special with a guy that she deems high quality.

• That reminds me of a thread I once saw on reddit. Some woman was in a relationship and never gave a blowjob before. Because she was nervous/not confident about this, she was taking it slow. Little did her boyfriend know, she frequently "masturbated furiously" when she got home from seeing him. Fortunately for her, she eventually worked up the courage to given him a BJ. All was well.