I have a date soon, but I feel very insecure about myself.

I have a date this weekend with a guy. He's older than me and he is a cop-to-be. He is so smart and nice and I don't know why he wants to go on a date with someone like me. I have been having some physical insecurities lately and I just haven't been taking care of myself. I've been breaking out and haven't been able to work out because of homework and other engagements. I feel and look very bloated :/

How do I get over all of this to be happy and presentable on our date?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like cops, by the way. They have been good friends to me and they're wives say they're good husbands. Alas, I don't know any female cops personally.

Ask yourself, is Sir Cop thinking, "I really don't know why I asked her out. She's not as smart or nice as I am, so I really have no idea why I asked her out (or said yes if you asked him out) and am willing to spend time and energy to have a good time with her."

-or-

Is Sir Cop thinking, "I know exactly why I asked her out (or said yes). She's smart, and nice, and attractive and that is PRECISELY why I asked her out (or said yes)."

The former doesn't make much sense, but the latter does.

The very fact that Sir Cop asked you out, or said yes, is evidence that he doesn't agree with all the things you're thinking about yourself. It's evidence that he finds you attractive. The mere fact he's going out with you and spending time and energy trying to get to know you and having a good time is strong evidence that at this point he thinks you're WORTH getting to know.

You are younger than I am, so take it from one who knows. What we often perceive as external demons are often creatures we ourselves have conjured.

Good luck, have fun, and you take care now!

What Guys Said 3

What Girls Said 1

• Oh, sweetie, I wish I could put my arms around you and give you a Big Sweet P hug. Many people find this comforting.

Don't feel this way about yourself. You Now have this big date this weekend, so no time for feeling sorry for yourself. Time to get moving to "fix" what we can in a hurry.

I used to break out A lot as a teen on my forehead. What a mess. I thought it would never end, these craters and critters. Even a bit around my chin, and many times worse when my monthly "pal" would drop in. Eventually, it Does dry up and blow away with a few more years to go. Many times stress and chocolate will contribute to this.

You still have time to run out and find a cleanser for sensitive skin, dealing with break outs, along with a matching astringent. It will make this difference, even if you pick this up as late as Tonite. By this weekend, tomorrow nite, let's say, you should be a bit more "refreshed" and not have to feel like you are "under house arrest", having to stay home in front of your boob tube.

Another thing, if you Do have some noticeable "spots" in which you want to "color and cover," make sure you put a bit of foundation to give you more of that "flawless face." Just a hint of a color that will match your skin tone, will help in this nature.

Pick out something in accordance to where you are going, and What you feel will make you look "slimmer in the moonlight." If you're experiencing this water weight, you want to be sure that anything you pick out, is just the Ticket. All of this Will build confidence. And with confidence, you will realize the amazing beautiful girl your "blue shield" sees in you, before You even do. This, and your great traits of what makes up this gracious girl, He finds so rewarding in his own statute book.

On the lighter side of things, perhaps your "pal" is visiting soon, so before your date, eat a little Lighter, and stay away from sugar and salt. With this, by tomorrow evening, your tummy should have shrunk just a smithen.

Pick out something in accordance to where you are going, and What you feel will make you look "slimmer in the moonlight." If you're experiencing this water weight, you want to be sure that anything you pick out, fits your bill to a tea. All of this Will build confidence. And with confidence, you will realize the amazing beautiful girl your "blue shield" sees in you, before You even do. This, and your great traits of what makes up this gracious girl, He finds so rewarding in his own statute book.

Now, with everything ready and appearing to be----presentable---I can see you as looking "pretty as a picture" for your man in uniform, comes tomorrow nite.

Have fun, and Be happy.xx

• sorry, sweetie, I accidentally had an extra copy here from my notes I did..forgive me..:))xx