Should I text a new guy even though I have a boyfriend?

So, I have a boyfriend, but I'm not happy with him and we're on the rocks. I went out last night and I had a blast. I met a guy, and we talked and hung out the entire night. He's a gentleman, makes good money and is covered in tattoos. Everyone kept asking me what the deal was with us.

He's not exactly my type. He's really short-like my height or shorter, he's extremely nice, he's not that cute-but I guess he could grow on me, and he is an avid pot smoker. He said he wakes up before work and smokes an entire bowl, then after work he smokes more. I know that they're trying to pass some laws in a couple of states, but I don't know how I feel about that. He gave me his number, and wouldn't take mine because he said guys will text any girl, but girls are more selective. He walked me to my car, and that was that. Should I call him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not meaning to sound so cliche, but what if the shoe was on the other foot. It's obvious that you still have some kind of feelings for your current boyfriend and he still has some feelings for you. If you guys didn't care about one another the two of you wouldn't be together at all and you wouldn't be asking this question. Now if you're not feeling your current boyfriend at all let him know how you feel, let him down gentlely and go kick it with the new guy. I'm not hatin on the new fella because I don't know any of you, but he already has a few strikes against him and you're not dating him yet. If you feel the new guy would be an improvement by all means call him, but if you and your current boyfriend can sit down and resolve the problems that got your relationship on the rocks it sounds like you two have some talking to do before any mistakes get made. It's not about getting greener grass, it's about controling the weeds in your current lawn, however you're a grown ass woman and at the end of the day you're going to do what you want to do. That's just my two cents.

What Guys Said 3

• If you are considering someone else it's safe to say your relationship with your current Boyfriend is about to reach it's end. Break it off with the guy you are worth. Calling, texting, dating, kissing, whatever can all be considered cheating. As someone pointed out, that's a horrible way to both begin and end a relationship.

• Have a boyfriend and getting a number from a drug addict? Nice!

• Sure. If you might be attracted to him, give it a shot!

• Even though I'm still with my boyfriend? Isn't that cheating?

• If you're on the way out, why not just break up? you should probably do that before you start hooking up with this guy.

What Girls Said 6

• Loose His number, sweetie..You can do better than some weed smoking wacko with a body full of "no language you aren't really into it," And no brain cells to boot.

If you're ever going to go back out into the dating game world again, learn to pick and choose someone whose got More going for himself than a pipe and some smoke to go with it.xx

• Let me start off by saying on behalf of all humans everywhere:

You're a cunt.

If you're unhappy in a relationship, do the decent thing and end it before flogging your pussy on the dating market. Reading this post and seeing your approximate age disgusts me. To think a grown-ass woman is behaving like an immature teenage twatsicle makes me sick to my stomach.

How about you grow up, do your boyfriend a favour and dump him. I don't see why he deserves to be with a cheating bitch, who thinks it's alright to go out and flirt around with other guys. You should be ashamed of posting this question to begin with. What you should have asked was "How do I go about telling my boyfriend it's not working out?".

If you want to date someone else, have some decency and end it with your current partner first.

• I wouldn't. If you really like him, you might just send him a casual text to keep in touch, but if I were you, definitely no flirting while you are still in a relationship. Figure out where you and your current guy are going first. Starting 'dating' already is unfair to him, whether your current relationship will last or not.

• Who cares , follow your heart. Just one thing: be free to make a decision but be responsible for its consequence. Of course, if I were you , I wouldn't develop the relationship further than a kiss with the new guy before officially breaking up with my current bf

• I think you should break it off with your boyfriend before you start talking to this guy.

• I think you don't worry about the new guy at all until you resolve your issues with the current BF. If it's over then end it, but don't be a cheater. That's not a good way to end a relationship, nor a good way to start one.

• So, should I talk to my boyfriend about it and see where we stand?

Also, should I let the new guy know that I'm still in a relationship, but we can hang out? Or, would hanging out be wrong as well?

• If you are looking at the new guy as a romantic interest, then it isn't right to spend time with him while still in a relationship with your BF. I think you need to talk to the Boyfriend and figure out if you two want to try and mend things, or call it quits. I wouldn't say anything to the new dude until your 1st relationship is over. If and when that happens, you can tell the new guy THEN, that you had been in a relationship when you first met, but that now you are free to date new men.