When someone you know find you on a dating a site! Ahhhh!

When someone you know find you on a dating a site! AHHHH!

I am on OKCupid, and this person I know from what I like to call" my business" found me on there :(

Why am I so embarrassed? I trust GaG more then people in real life. Def something wrong with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• you're embarassed because you feel vulnerable because this person knows something about you.

btu the fact is you know something about them as well, so really the playing field is level

What Guys Said 6

• I've been in the 'somewhat' same situation. I messaged a girl on POF a couple months ago. No response, but she did read my message. I know this because she checked out my profile.

Two months later, we were in the same college course. This was incredibly coincidental seeing as this was my first time back in school after almost three years and I was put in that same class at the last minute because the other two I had signed up for had closed up.

We sit by each other in class and talk. But have never brought up the whole dating site thing however I know she knows it was me. Whether this was 'fate' or something, I dunno. Originally, I didn't want to make a move because I was bummed she didn't respond to my message. But as I've gotten to know her a little, I've kinda started wondering.

And I've seen a ton of friends from high school on the dating site. Some I recognized from their picture thumbnail. Others when I looked at their picture. Kinda awkward when I click on their profile and know they'll see it. One of them was even a former crush so I instantly thought she might think I still had feelings for her. After reading her profile, I was relieved I didn't date her because she was a total diva in her summary lol.

So yeah, I can relate to ya. I honestly wouldn't sweat it too much. :)

• being on a dating a site your going to have to expect that, your just afraid of being exposed and judged for it, and there's nothing wrong with that, and if its someone you know wants to date you hey at least you know them, so just relax

• He doesn't want to date me. He just looked at my profile. However, he is on the site too, so I guess we both know. lol I feel awkward. Thank you for your answer.

• wow some guys are really stupid , no wonder they scared you

• I stopped online dating a long time ago, ( I never had any luck for years) , before I did, my friend found out and wondered why. In a simple sentence I replied , "Because a true hunter uses all methods to hunt rather than just one."

If they find out, So what ? who cares. You're single and trying to mingle , keep being you.

• Just tell him you aren't really you, but your evil twin >:)

• No problem. And if you want the other person to keep it silent, ask him/her.

In the end, the other was also visiting the site so... you both have a little secret now!

Perhaps in a year time you'll go drink a beer with the partners you found on the site :-)

• My dear friend,nothing wrong with you. It is natural. Do not feel ashamed. You have right to be on dating sites!

What Girls Said 2

• But doesn't that mean they're on it too? I'm sure it's a case of mutual understanding with regards to privacy. But I understand the embarrassment. I use a (kind-of) dating site just to practice the language here but I was mortified at the thought at first that someone would find me and then think I was getting my hookups online.

• It's awkward