Would you date a person that is very much older than you ? between 10-20 years difference?

A man or a woman approaches you somewhere. They are decent. hold a conversation,have a stable life , finds you cute, attractive.. and wants to get to know more about you. Would you agree to a coffee date later on ?

The question in the title is the question of the poll. The below question is just an extra.

Would you want to be approached by an older person if he is decent in his/ her approach or do you prefer that they don't make a move in the first place ?

• Yes I would date the person and see where it goes.
  • No I wouldn't .

Most Helpful Girl

• Would you date a person that is very much older than you ?

No as I find old guys unattractive as I find guys generally age like sh*t as it seems most guys do not take care of themselves skin complexion wise or body wise and many are thinning or balding in regards to hair. I'd rather have an attractive guy my age than an old guy that is attractive for his age.

Plus I find guys that date much younger tend to be very bias against gals there own age and tend to view younger gals as some trophy/prize. It's quite likely that this wouldn't go anywhere as the guy would probably likely to have an upgrade mentality when I hit the age they find too 'old' they'd replace for a new model. It's quite telling how this QA is about if one would date a person very much older than you and so far all the guys except one that have answered are talking about dating younger. Dating older and dating the same age doesn't seem to settle into most old guys minds which I find odd so I stick to my own age.

I'd prefer they didn't make the move in the first place.

• I respect your opinions on things. Ofcourse you are entitled to your opinion and thank you for your answer. One thing I think I strongly disagree with ... is that they will want to replace a girl with another. I think if a man finds an attractive woman. He will hold on to her .

• Meh if the guy bases attractiveness on age (which it seems most do) then it's quite unlikely he'll hold onto her since as she ages she'll no longer be attractive or as attractive.

I'm unsure how you can disagree with the concept of replacing a gal with another when reality will show it does happen quite a lot. Plenty of gals have been divorced and left for gals 10-20 years younger than her.

What Girls Said 10

• I'm intimidated if they're older than me by 3 years lol I think I'd die if a 30 or 40 year old came and hit on me. I can't handle a 23 year old flirting with me lmao. 40 year olds are friends with people like my dad. So no, I stick within my own age group.

• lol we don't want you to die :)

• Unless the person is drastically old, age is just a number for me. I've always gotten along much better with older men. I like their mature and realistic outlook on life. They don't have absurd expectations and at the same time they feel flattered that I pay attention to them. That combination makes me hot for the guy.

• But don't you think the realistic outlook could be boring? That they are very smart about life that there is no ''risks'' ? or Danger?

• When it comes to love, there are always risks. However in this case the person I'm dealing with knows and can be more honest about their feelings.

• No, 5 is the max & maybe one year younger than me. Even though it's SUPER common with my aunts & uncles for some reason. All 10 or more years older than their partners.

• Yes.

I think it's a matter of whether someone older than me would date me, since I'm 20 years old. But if I was single, I'd definitely be open to it.

• No. I prefer to date in my own age range.

• No I'm not going to out with someone much older or younger than me esp. he looks like a wobbly toad, aged too quickly, constantly complains about backpain and keeps saying "i'm getting too old" and they all do is be a couch potato, drinks every weekend, and watch TV everynight. Is that all there is to life?

• 10 years maybe.

20-no. I wouldn't want to date someone my mothers age.

• I don't care as long as I like him, love or like it's not about age that's how I think

For some reason I like older guys more they are more mature.. But my boyfriend always younger than me.. WTF

• Have you ever liked or was attracted to someone that is like 10 or 15 years older than you ?

• Yes he was 33 I think and I was 20.

• I would

• Yes I would like for someone older to approach me. I'm not into immature people.. the older (within reason, of course) the better.

• Lets say he could be between 5 to 20 years older. Would you still want him to approach and see where it goes?

• That sounds about right for my tastes. Perfect.

What Guys Said 3

• There's exceptions to every rule, but at 31 I think the youngest I'd date is like 23-24.

• I think it kind of depends on your age. A 19 dating 39 is a substantial difference, while 40 dating 60 not so much. And if you're 35 - well, just don't date someone 20 years younger.

• I am 30 and my last few gfs have all been 8-10 years younger than me. There are plenty of people interested in dating older folk!

• thats gross..why do you date them so young doesn't that creep you out that 2 years a go they were in high school?

• My latest graduated last year hehe. No, doesn't creep me out that much. Age doesn't matter to me, if I was attracted to a 45 year old, I'd date her too.