Dating and kids

Why guys get jealous when a single mother have to make time with their kids? Also, why is that when a single mother tells a guy that she a mother and after they dated for awhile that when he decide he don't like dating single mother?

Most Helpful Guy

• "Why guys get jealous when a single mother have to make time with their kids? "

Possible reasons :

1. Girls and guys can get jeolous when they perceive they have lost something valuable, in this case his time with you. The solution is to help him ease his insecurities. As a single mother, you may have to deal with jeolousy of your children against him, which I hope doesn't exist.

2. They are not his kids. Mankind shares many instincts with other animals on this planet, one of which is the instinct to ensure the survival of his/her genes. In wildlife, it is not unusal to see animals of both sexes killing the offsprings of his/her new mate.

Of course, we have morals and ethics to prevent that from happening among the human species. It is difficult to deny the possibility that those instincts still live, albeit the effort to suppress them. Fortunately, there are enough cases to show that NOT all stepfathers/mothers treat their other-half's offsprings with unkindness.

"why is that when a single mother tells a guy that she a mother and after they dated for awhile that when he decide he don't like dating single mother?"

Can be the same reason as (2). Initially s/he THINK s/he can handle it. Time tells him/her otherwise. All s/he has to do is think "Why should I bring up another man/woman's children when I can find a man/woman without children and bring up our own ?" One reason I can think of is, "These two are meant for each other, it is a matter of wrong timing that they didn't meet earlier." In that case, nothing can stand in their way.

• That a logical answer thanks.

• I hope you will find someone who is meant for you. Sometimes, the best comes the last, not the appetizer. :)

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't mind dating a single mother. if she told me that the first time we meet not later.

of course she need to make time for her kids I will respect her more. some guys don't like that because they don't wanna share their women with anyone else even her own kids. if a mother don't spend certain a mount of time with her kids I find that selfish and irresponsible from her side.

What Girls Said 1

• I have witnessed this with my mother, she was a single mother for quite sometime looking after me when I was a kid. I remember her boyfriend hating me because she had to cancel dates with him to look after me etc.

Guys like this are no good, a real caring guy would understand, or even to help be with you and your children. Your children are the most important aspect to your life now and they deserve all the care and love they need. If a man you are dating doesn't respect that, leave them be. If things got serious they wouldn't be a suitable father for your children.

Also guys that want to 'date' you and then change their mind not long after, are users. Some guys find it attractive to date women who are mothers but don't want to have the real responsibility of being involved with the children.

Personally I don't like guys like this and they are just thinking of themselves. A person with children should be respected, to look after their kids the best they can. Anyone who doesn't accept this does not deserve their time.

• Thanks because I have been single since my daughter turn 1 and now she going to be seven. I dated and was in 1 relationship but never work out wrong type of guys. I focus on graduating college and building a better life for the both of us it would be nice to share it with someone. You know it hard sometimes. I was young when I met her dad and he left/walked out on us. I sometimes feel like I'm paying for being with him and having his child.