Is being overweight a deal breaker?

I am 20 pounds overweight and it seems like guys and girls my age just avoid me.

Most Helpful Guy

• People are instinctively attracted to other people who are healthy and physically fit, and being overweight is definitely not an indicator of health and fitness. So, yes being overweight is a deal breaker for most people. Fortunately, 20lbs isn't that much so it should be very easy for you to lose that extra weight. Exercise several times a week and don't eat junk food, cut down on alcohol, and avoid at all costs highly refined and processed foods such as pasta, white rice, frozen dinners, canned soup, etc. Don't eat packaged foods that are labeled "low fat" because those are usually loaded to the brim with sugars and salt to make up for the loss of flavor that comes with removing the fat. Many foods that are high in fat such as eggs and beef are actually better for you than low fat foods because they are very filling, and so you end up eating fewer calories.

Do this and you should lose most or all of those 20 pounds in a few months. You should also take into consideration your race and ethnicity, because your genes can make a huge difference in what kind of diet is appropriate for you.

What Guys Said 7

• Height and Weight. And it all depends on how it's distributed around your body. Also depends on the taste of the guy. I know a dude that likes big girls.

Maybe they avoid you for other reasons. Or maybe they're not avoiding you at all and that's just you being self-conscious. Trust, a lot of people are so self involved that they don't even register you in their vicinity.

• Try to be more confident in who you are. Lose some weight if its making you unhappy - but people won't avoid you for being overweight - they'll avoid you if you THINK they're avoiding you for being overweight and you get all defensive and are waiting for an insult rather than willing to be pleased and willing to please people!

• Well they don't actually see a Numerical Representation of your weight when they see you . So it's more about how you actually look and not your weight.You might want to Cut down on calories and Start doing cardio to lose weight to get into a better shape.

• 20lbs is nothing your lovely as you are ... your probaby just being self concious and not noticing the attension on you !

• Not for me. It can be for others though, especially younger people.

• It can be. Especially for younger people.

As we get older, you will generally find there are guys who are interested in all sorts of body types. You just have to find them, and hope you find one of them attractive.

• Overweight= unhealthy. So yeah. Can you answer my question? If you live in America this does concern you! link

What Girls Said 0