Do guys generally date up while girls generally date down?

Perhaps I'm generalizing (as you can tell from the title). However, I've have seen this all throughout my life. I know this may make me seem judgemental, but all the time I see beautiful, educated, high class girls with low class, uneducated thugs and arrogant guys. Even at my age I still see it.

I've known girls with university degrees who come from good families and are classy and brought up well dating guys who don't know how to act in public, can't speak politely (or even properly for that matter), dress like gangsters with holes in their sweatpants with their baseball caps on backwards and that lame-ass walk. These guys don't work and got kicked out of school and their backgrounds aren't that good either. Even my sister is guilty of this.

Most Helpful Girl

• The pool of dateable guys is sometimes slim. Men from lower backgrounds, have developed social skills and are more adept at attracting women. A lot of high class men where I live still live with their mommies and if they are not with their mommies they are working 24/7 as doctors, engineers, lawyers etc and you barely see them unless your family tries to set you up. Not to mention, that those men are fought really hard for amongst women, cause its the difference between being able to be a housewife and not worry about the bills or have to work your ass off cause your man doesn't make enough to sustain your lifestyle. I don't mind moving down the social ladder cause I make good money on my own and I find not so rich guys interesting.

• It's not the money that concerns me here. It's things like behaviour, social and personal decorum, the way you present yourself to others in public.

P.S. Why do you think it is that men from lower backgrounds are more adept at attracting women?

• Have you ever heard the ugly chick analogy? Guys with limited resources have to rely on mate catching skills. The same with not so pretty chicks they have to be smart and work harder to get a guy so they get better at it than their pretty counterparts.

What Girls Said 3

• No, I've seen guys with class date girls with low class: uneducated thugs and arrogant girls.

These girls don't work, got kicked out of school. have kids they don't have custody of, kids that they don't pay child support for.

I've seen it. It defiantly goes both ways. The prime example was a older woman no less, who had 7 kids, only had custody of one, and was constantly in and out of jail for petty theft and not paying child support. She got a really attractive young guy around my age who adored her for reasons beyond me. HE had a great job and was really sweat. She constantly cheated on him, and left her daughter with him for months at a time while she would disappear. She made HIM pay HER the child support that SHE OWED ON HER 6 KIDS that SHE WASN'T TAKEN CARE OF! ''

I have no idea what happened to them, but that guy was head over heels for that woman, and they were dating for over 3 years at that time. So I've defiantly seen guys who date down.

• Oh and there was a rumor that she beat him too. But I never saw any bruises on him or anything. But it wouldn't surprise me if that was true. That woman was a fucking mess.

• They may love others being high class but that does not mean they love themselves. Girls who do not love themselves will subject themselves to all kids of negative behaviour and actions.

• I thought people dated on their own level...at least that's what I see.

What Guys Said 3

• No, generally women date up economically or remain single, at least once they hit mid 20s. When they are young they prioritize other things.

• like finding the best dick to get laid with?

• No, that's not a priority for many women.

Young people are generally not part of the economic system yet so status is based more on being cool or popular.

• I think its the other way around.

• No.

From people I've seen, they will only date/fuck either across or up. When you have every possibility of AT LEAST going across to the same "level", why would you dip below? I mean, unless you're off your game and just need to rub your crescent roll against something, then I could understand. Or if you're a virgin and you're doing the whole "go ugly, early" thing.

But otherwise, people will stick to their own "level" or try and get a promotion if they can.