Why would a girl act interested in talking to me on OkCupid then delete her account?

It hurts my feelings. She just vanishes and doesn't tell me. :( Makes me feel worthless.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't feel that way if I were you. Do you know that a huge majority of the profiles on sites like that are faked? If I'm not mistaken okcupid is a free site, right? How would you like to be scammed when you're paying a lot of money? I was scammed like the even before I used the Internet by those dial up systems. Those dial up personals were using fake accounts in order to sucker guys into becoming paying customers and I was one of those guys. That is until I caught them at their game. I would only imagine the Internet sites are doing the very same thing.

• I can find a lot of these girls on FB with reverse google image search though.. and it checks out.

• and dial up system?

• Yeah there was at one time dial up systems where people would call in and here singles. If they liked what they heard they could leave that person a message. They may still be around. I know they'd charge the crap out of me to use those I used.

I'm not saying they are faked necessarily, but they could be. And also google picks up lots of things posted on the net, fake or not. You will have to be the judge of that.

What Girls Said 5

• I think she was probably dating someone and using the site, but when it become exclusive or she went into a relationship she deleted her dating accounts. It probably has nothing to do with you, she obviously met someone else first in her life before you, she may have been interested in you but already had another first. don't take it personally

• Don't take it personally. Maybe she just changed her mind about online dating, maybe she found some one else, maybe she just decided she doesn't want a relationship right now. It would have been more polite to tell you she was gonna delete her account first instead of leaving you hanging like that, though.

• maybe she wasn't even a girl.

• Well, she's not interested to you anymore. Or maybe she doesn't want to continue using that account because she got haters.

• Maybe she found someone else.

What Guys Said 4

• You shouldn't be getting feelings really until you've had multiple dates in person.

Girls on okcupid have told me they get like 30-50 messages a day. You're not the only guy she's talking to. She probably found somebody else or got fed up with guys messaging her with stuff like "DTF?" and all those other perverted messages.

• It happens to a lot of guys, mostly either they did find someone else or they were tired of the site.

Either way, don't let it get to you, just move on to the next one.

• Dude, I understand how you feel man. You do so much fishing and when one bites you get your hopes up. Don't take it personally though, a lot of girls on OkCupid have social/anxiety issues, that's why they are on there, because they don't like going and trying to meet people at bars and other places. Keep that in mind when browsing the site. Personally I got tired of it and stopped using it, the last girl I dated that was on that site was kinda demanding. lol.

• demanding how? ha

• Demanding, I used the wrong description, sorry my mind is jumbled. She wanted to move wayyy too fast. She was already talking about me meeting her mother on the 2nd date! And she told me a lot about her mom, I was kinda creeped out. What sucks was I could've gotten laid that night, but I inadvertently ignored the signals she gave. I think it was my brain warning me, lol. I talked to her the day after and she was pissed at me and wouldn't say, I knew why though.

• Oh, and like iluvchewbucca said it could have not been a girl. Check this out www.upgradereality.com/.../

• This happened to me year last.

I think she wasn't interested, so I moved on. and so should you bro!