My date was nice, but not exciting - what to do?

I have a question. So I'm 28.. Had a long and messy breakup that last one whole year. This is the first month I've moved out and away. And I have never been happier :)

I met a friend of a friend at a party and we kept in touch the last few months. Finally decided to go on a date. I knew it would be a nice enough date. We talked the whole time (which is not a problem for me usually anyway). I laughed a bit. It just felt comfortable and nice enough. He also has a good job, good ambition, nice family...everything I look for.

Problem is, I didn't leave the date smiling and feeling excited to see him again. It was just a normal, pleasant night. I do have a problem feeling attracted to certain guys right away...takes me a while to build that up...but I can learn to be attracted to someone (my ex was a perfect example). My other issue is, this guy doesn't seem to have that edge that excites me. Something badass was missing. Lol.

Anyway, what should I do? Keep in touch? Go on more dates? Move on? What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• The edgy guys are definitely the "badass" type, but do you really think that's what you want? If your ex was the "edgy" type, do you really want to go through another relationship like that? And perhaps this guy is feelin you out as well. Guys aren't dumb, they can sense what a woman wants so perhaps he is hiding his edg :) waiting for the perfect opportunity to reveal this side of him. He sounds very successful and a gentleman on the street, yet a bad boy in bed? ;) Don't write the guy off completely yet, go on another date and see what he reveals about himself that would give him that "edge".

What Guys Said 5

• go on another date and if there is no spark tell him you want to be friends

• i hate when people meet in parties, it just feels cheap

• Stay friends, move on.

• LOL. And girls claim that they don't like bad boys. Haha.

Seriously, only you can know the answer to your question.

• I'd say give it another go. If you feel like he has been holding back you could suggest a place that is more exciting. The spark needs to come from both sides. Wouldn't it feel better if you knew that you tried to up the ante and there was no spark than to sit back and hope for it to just come out of thin air

What Girls Said 4

• You enjoyed his company but it seems as if you were lacking chemistry.

You're getting to the age where people start families and settle down.

I know "bad ass" can be a turn on, but how far will it get you when you need

someone that is worth keeping?

I'm not saying get the first guy that treats you nice, but just don't overlook

people that you can potentially build with.

You are right in saying that sometimes attraction isn't always immediate...

and it is something that can grow.

I say be honest (if he asks) about your feelings towards him.

Date him a few more times and if your attraction doesn't grow by then, then look

elsewhere.

Sometimes opposites attract.

You never know you can turn him into that "bad ass" in bed ;P

if you continue on , haha.

• Friend zone him and look for someone with a bit of spunk

• You should pursue it and see where it goes :) feelings develop

• do it