Why do girls think intentionally not texting you back for 6 hours is being a "challenge"?

Like I can't stand when girls do this. I also hate when girls find another guy more attractive just because he's a "challenge". A "challenge" being that he doesn't answer your calls, doesn't say hi to you, takes at least a day to text you back etc. that's not being a "challenge", that's being a douche bag.

If a guy recieves your text, picks up his phone, reads your text, then throw his phone back down and kicks his feet up on the couch and continues smoking his weed watching the Maury show all day and then texts you back after 8 hours girls will most likely find that guy more attractive than a guy who is busy, in college, works and still text back in reasonable time because they think the first guy is a "challenge".

People make no sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe this person has a life? that's always attractive than the person who has nothing else going on in their lives but wait for a text,b/c they have no hobbies, friends or activities besides the affections of that one and only girl in his life.

even the bad guy you listed...well bad guys are fun and offer a release. and to be fair, I've ignored guys' texts because I was smoking weed and bullshitting. there's no law saying I have to text you in a certain amount of time. be glad I responded to your text in the first place.

What Girls Said 6

• I agree. I HATE it when this happens, ugh. Trust me, I don't like guys like that at all. I want guys to text back in reasonable time, because how long does it take to type a reply? If you like chatting to this person (be it a potential girl friend or a normal friend) you will reply unless you're super busy, which won't be 8 hours (even 5 hours is stretching it. what you never even had the time to pee aka take a breather?)

UGH

• I know what you mean- I have friends like that. I think it's because if they text back often they might think it gets a little boring to talk all the time. Truthfully, girls like a guy with some independence. However if a guy does READ your text and not respond, then that's not okay. But, they might just be busy or not know that you texted them. They could be just shy by not saying hi and all. I don't think girls prefer to have a guy who is a challenge. It leaves them guessing.

• Independence is not a function of the time it takes someone to text you back. That is not how you measure independence. Geesh. Why can't people reason these days.

• I hate the whole game playing and chase that comes with dating. Why can't two people who fancy each other just act normal. It is the main reason why I hate the pursuit and dating.

• Your preaching to the choir. Totally agree with u.

• Some girls like to keep guys on their toes

• Then stop talking to whatever girl you're talking about that does this and find someone else who doesn't do these things.

What Guys Said 2

• I have no time to worry about all that. Life is hard enough already without adding extra games into the mix. Just be direct, there are direct women about. When a dude is dying in a hospital bed and his partner gets in touch and he doesn't answer she'll think 'Oh he's doing his usual right now'. People tend to change their outlook and actions during life after a hospital stretch.

• if I have my phone on me and someone texts or calls me I always answer right away if I'm not doing anything. its unprofessional to make people wait for no reason