Do guys ever ask a girl to be his girlfriend anymore?

Or is it up to the girl to initiate such conversations? At what moment so guys if ever desire to make a girl his girlfriend instead of some girl he is just seeing? How long does it take.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with some of the other answers that the expectation seems to be on a guy that he declare you two a couple. There is nothing wrong with a girl making her affections known. As for how long it takes - it is different for everybody. Since you are in your later 20's, I think that there is nothing wrong with you telling him of your affection and that you want him to be a bigger part of your life. If he feels the same way, I think he will return the affections. If he doesn't, you now have something to consider - will you two really be a couple?

What Guys Said 6

• I've known guys who have done that. I would. Personally, I would want to have the "where is this going" conversation after about three or four dates. Beyond that, it is "just hanging out".

• I personally ask "will you be my girl?" because I think it sounds way better than "will you go out with me?" and guys will ask when they are sure that the girls feel the same because they don't wanna lose an awesome friendship with a girl just because they misread signs. drop some big hints to him that you like him. hugs every once in a while when you see him and such

• it is still primarily expect of guys, almost all couples, relationships out there today are still initiated by the guy, just tradition I guess

• Most guys have become wimps thanks to feminism. So, no.

• not me, its the girl who has to initiate such conversations

• Yes we do. I am in a situation where I will ask the girl I am talking with to be my girlfriend when the time is right. So yes we still do.

What Girls Said 1

• Those conversations aren't always necessary. Though I guess sometimes people just want to e sure. I had been dating my boyfriend for like 5 months and he'd already told me he loved me (and I said it back) and all that when one day he said "I was telling my neighbor about you and I called you my girlfriend. Is that okay?" I guess sometimes just validating that we're both on the same page can be comforting.