He only wants to see me at night?

So I met this guy a week ago and I can tell he really likes me. We've never had sex and he knows I am saving it for marriage. He wants to get married and start a family within 5 years and I think he sees me as his potential wife. He works morning to 7,8, and sometimes even pass 9 mon-thurs. He gets out early on Friday..but he drives to san diego(which is 2hrs) every weekend and sometimes on fri to see his parents and hang out with his close friends.(He moved here for a job before living in san diego). He told me he recently found out that his dad has cancer and also he wants to hang out with his guy friends. We knew each other for a week and hung out twice but he wanted to see me every single day since we've met(except fri&sat in san diego) and texts me everyday but I was the one who didn't want to see him that often. He takes me out to dinner and very romantic. I've never told him about this yet but he wants to see me tomorrow in the evening/night when he gets back in town. Should I agree with hanging out with him or what? Should I understand this situation? I am 22 a student and he's turning 28 in March

Most Helpful Guy

• do you know the situation with his parents? like health or any other problems that might require his constant attention

What Guys Said 6

• You met this guy only a week ago, but he goes to San Diego "every weekend"? How do you know that? Did he tell you that?

It seems like you sure have a lot of expectations after only one week. I would be interested in seeing if he still goes to San Diego every weekend after you two have been together after 6 months, a year or even longer.

• Ya, you are right but because he has work we can only hang out only at night..and he's at his parents' house in san diego on weekends when he doesn't work. I actually want to see him during the day too you know?

• Why are you concerned that he only wants to see you at night?

Anyway, it seems like things are moving along really fast, and you don't seem like you want to move at the same speed he does. If that's the case then just figure out what works best for you, and schedule dates within a time frame that you're comfortable with.

• Because I want to see him sometimes in the morning or afternoon too..not only at night/evening. Am I selfish to think that he should come back early tomorrow to see me in the afternoon? If we get into a relationship then do I have to see him at night all the time?

• The only thing that is relevant when trying to answer this question is: do you feel well when you're hanging out with him or not?

All the rest are details. If you have the feeling he will make you happy than go for it!

If you have the feeling you just do this to make him happy but would never want to grow old with him than tell him asap.

• He is very serious. Just don't lead him on.

• I really hate to say this.. but I don't see this relationship working out. TThis guys is almost at the stage of settling down. Your still in your early 20's... most girls do not want to settle till their in their late 20's more like where this guy is at..

I just get this vibe that you both are at very different points in your lives... and maybe at some point you both will want something different in life.

• I am very mature for my age and I am not planning to date around or sleep around. I've met a lot of guys and went on many dates to know what kind of guy I want now. We have similar values, a lot of chemistry, similar family values, educated, physically attracted, we get a long really well, successful, and etc. Feels like we've known each other for years! So far he's great...if I get to know him better and decide he's the one then I would totally marry him. Thanks for answering my question! :)

• Maybe he's a vampire ha ha ha ha ( not really )

What Girls Said 3

• If it's not beneficial or convenient to you, don't take part in it.

You want to hang out when the sun is still out. He says he can't. So refuse to see him because he isn't meeting your standards. You've only been seeing each other 2 weeks so it's not like you have some substantial bond. Learn to cut these niggas off before you get too attached.

• I don't see anything wrong with it. He seems to have good intentions. Agree with him and enjoy a romantic evening :)

• Did he introduce you to his friends? I would suspect that he's another relationship if he has such an specific schedule to see you.