Would you be OK dating someone 6-7 years older than you?

I'm in a situation where I do like this 'guy' and I'm older than he is. we seem to get along really well but I'm not in any rush and he's 21, turning 22. We are just friends at the moment but I wouldn't rule him out as a potential partner. but I'm focusing on my job at the moment and am very busy.

thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I'd be OK with it, but I'd wonder why she would settle for someone younger than me, by that much. I've always heard women prefer men who are older than her

What Guys Said 3

• Ah, the age thing.

No, it's not an issue. If you two are on the same level maturity wise and aren't in different places in your lives, at least not that big of a difference, then go for it. Love knows no boundaries. You like someone because of common interests and because you're attracted, not because of how old someone is.

If anyone has an issue with that, then they have their own issues to worry about.

By the way, it says you're 18-24 and you say he is turning 22. That would mean he's only at most maybe 2-3 years younger. If it's a mistake in your profile, then nevermind lol.

• I think the stage in life is more important than age, per se. Since you're both in careers I don't think age matters as much.

• A OK with it. When your ready go for it

What Girls Said 4

• Why do you keep asking this question? If you are insecure in your relationship with him,then don't be in the relationship. If he is insecure in being in a relationship with YOU,then don't be in a relationship with him. If other people have crap to say and both of you are comfortable with each other...forget them.

We already know you are the 29 year old dating the 22 year old. You asked this the other day. You either need to gain some confidence in what you're doing and who you are with or its not going to last. You keep searching for some type of answer on here that you may NEVER get. Its almost as if you are seeking validation for going out with this guy. Or are seeking someone to tell you its...OKAY. We live in a world of double standards. We also live in a world where thankfully enough,we are able to live our OWN lives without having to ask strangers if its okay.

If I were you...i would let it go if both of you are happy. And if not,then act accordingly. Good luck.

• if you have similar goals then age doesn't matter. 7 years is nothing

• yeah but anything over that is pushing it.

Just don't be surprised if he's more immature than you'd like

• I think when you are both over the age of 20, age difference doesn't matter but what you're goals and what stage your at in life are.