Dating someone a lot older than you?

I´ve been single for a year now and I really want to meet someone new. I´m 25 years old. I met a guy through Facebook because we have friends in common, but we never met. We started chatting and everything seemed great, he was funny and we have A LOT in common. He did seem a bit weird and we I asked him his age, he told me he is 45. I continued talking to him, but when he asked me out, I told him I had a boyfriend. We decided we could be friends anyway. I looked at some pictures of him and he does look like a 45 year old and I did not feel attracted to him at all.

But now I feel kind of guilty, because I do want to meet someone and have fun but I DO NOT feel comfortable with the idea of dating someone so much older than me, let alone sleeping with someone that age. I still feel like a kid, well not a kid, but a young girl. I want to date someone my age, is this normal? and should I feel guilty about not wanting to date him?

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing wrong with dating him and having a good time. As for a longer term relationship, very often the problems that occur will result from the two of you being at different stages of your lives. He may be set in his career and be less flexible because of it. He may want to settle down and maybe you don't, etc., etc. ... the list is long. The funny thing is if you were 40 and he was say 55, there might be less problems .. the older you get the less these age differences may matter.

What Guys Said 3

• No do not feel guilty about not wanting to date him. There is nothing wrong with a 20yr age difference in this case. In my opinion anyway. You're both mature enough mentally for it to work out. A 16yr old and a 35yr old is a completely different story.

If you wouldn't feel comfortable dating with that age difference, don't. Do what's best for you.

And having a friend is always a good thing. Friendships can usually stand the test of time. A relationship...no guarantees.

:-)

• This is perfectly normal, and no, you should not feel guilty at all.

• Don't feel guilty and don't cheat on your boyfriend if you don't like him break up with him problem solved.

What Girls Said 2

• It's a free country, sweetie, you can date Who you want, And How old they have to be. It's your choice, no one's business, for that matter.

For the time being, you have set your own list of rules for this, and you don't owe This Ol man a living, Nor an explanation. Move on to someone you Will feel More comfy with. It's all in your ball field Who will get to play.

Age is just a number, not a reminder. Remember this motto, should some day in the future, you have a change of heart, and Do find someone who is either Older Or Younger than yourself. And always remember as well, that it will still be Your business, your choice, and no one else's.xx

• Age will always be a problem for some. 45 is a little too old if you are in your 20's I'm sure you will be able to find someone on around your age. It will happen when you least expect it :) p.s you could please help me out and answer my question?