Racial Prefferences when dating

This question is a spin off of this question link

For the people who don't find certain races attractive, what is it about them that you don't find attractive?

Do all people of the same race look alike to you?

Are there exceptions to the rule?

If so what are the exceptions?

I'm just curious. To me people of different races don't look the same to me, so I don't have a preferences for dating racially as long as I find the person physically attractive. For example, I live in America and everyone doesn't look the same here. Some white people have blonde, red, black, and brown hair. Some white people have large noses, small noses, est. The same for minority people. They all look different to me, but it seems people who have racial preferences see all races as the same physically.

Though I've never dated a minority before, if I were single, if he was sexually attractive to me and my type, I don't believe I'd reject him because of his race.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been saying this and I agree with you. No two people are exactly the same. Even within races there are so many differences that you mentioned. Some people like to use the excuse of culture, but in 2014 most people in the world have at least one dominant culture to which we all prescribe to e.g.American culture, Social Media and Internet culture

When I say that I have a preference. It means that with all other things being equal I would choose person with XYZ Characteristic. Too many people use the word "preference" to cover up other issues that may put them in a negative light

Racial "preferences"and racism really doesn't make any sens to me. especially with so much information around it. Grouping people by race is so lazy . Ethnicity and race are such big groups that the only way to judge them through stereotypes that are often not true or that are changing. I suspect that many people don't want to explore why the like or dislike certain races because they may be met with some uncomfortable truths

What Guys Said 7

• "For the people who don't find certain races attractive, what is it about them that you don't find attractive? "

I don't find any race in particular unattractive, though I find long dark hair and dark eyes to be the most attractive. In that way I am lucky. I find about 80% of the world attractive! Alas, blond hair and blue or green eyes are the least attractive. A pity so many in So. California try to emulate this.

Certainly not.

"Are there exceptions to the rule?"

Well, there are plenty of exceptions to me finding blond hair and blue or green eyes the least attractive.

"If so what are the exceptions?"

My first girlfriend (blond haired and blue eyed)

Ally Walker in the mid 90s

• "For the people who don't find certain races attractive, what is it about them that you don't find attractive?"

Their attitude & culture if it is way different than mine. Of course, I'm probably less attracted to people of my own race whose attitudes and cultures are way different than mine. The exception is if their attitude & culture is something I aspire to have.

• I am an equal opportunity dater.

• I'm white and as long as they where attractive and had the personality I liked it wouldn't matter.

• I think it's a conscious decision and also a compatibility issue.

Being of different races leads to some mismatches in how we view the world, instinctively we are unable to bond as well as we would with our own race.

Consciously we try to avoid thinking of those from other races as part of our dating circle. It is a kind of 'friendzone' if you will. It's hard for us to break our mindset and think of other races romantically.

• I'm more drawn to some groups more than others, but I don't exclude anyone per se.

However, I don't understand why people don't see skin color as a physical characteristic that may or may not be attractive to a person, but there are many other characteristics that one can find unattractive. Can someone please explain this to me?

• I don't see colored skin as ugly. in my opinion the attractiveness of color only applies to people. Red, yellow, brown, and black dogs aren't considered less attractive because of the color of their fur. So I just find it odd when the principle is applied to people. But that's just my opinion.

• No one of any race looks the same to me . Even celeb "look alikes" don't look the same to me. For those who say that they aren't attracted to a paticular race,I'm pretty sure there's a girl/guy of that race out there that you would bang .

What Girls Said 4

• I always think that every races have attractive people even though there are few.They still exist.No,they don't look alike to me.I can tell the difference.I never make anyone exception.Making someone exception is rude.From my experience,when you make someone as exception,the person usually possess very little physical trait that the majority of their people have. I know many people who claim they aren't attracted to certain races AT ALL.I think they have the right to feel that way,but the thing that bothers me is quite big number of this people sometimes change their 'preference' when they met someone hot who is from the race they claim they will never consider dating with.

• Well, there are a few threads with 200+ honest responses as to why lesser desired groups are considered unattractive.

Without mentioning said group, it's the facial features (skin color, nose size, lip size, hair type) and the attitudes.

For me personally, the one group I find attractive (won't mention), I just can't help it. This sounds bad, but I honestly just cannot find them attractive for the life of me. Even the famous ones are unattractive to me. It's their attitude, skin color, facial features--all together. Plus, the ones on campus are kinda rude...

That's not to say there aren't any guys of that group who are attractive, I just have yet to see one. I kinda feel disgusted even considering one. That sounds terrible.

Either way, I'm biracial and I know a lot of guys feel the same about me. My skin color makes me disgusting to a lot of guys automatically, but at least I can say so aloud...

• *one group I find UNATTRACTIVE

• Well, I mean, no one has ever told me that. but I gather some guys are indeed disgusted judging by comments/answers I've seen on this site.

But uh, no, they don't all look alike. But there are some general characteristics they tend to all have. They do vary in skin color and features though. Haha, I don't think it's bad you don't know. I just don't feel comfortable saying the race because I don't want to put anybody down

• Oh I'm glad no one actually said that to you, lol. That would be horrible.

I get what you mean.

• Culture (behaviour and beliefs)

Genes - addictions and weird stuff like getting six fingers and six toes

• They don't look alike to me and I don't select based on race. I'll go with any guy as long as he's appealing to me. Skin color is not part of the equation when determining attractiveness, at least to me it isn't.