Girls, is it a sign of attraction if a girl whom you don't know initiates a conversation?

Me and this girl kinda see each other quite often in school nowadays. We don't know each other's names but we always exchange looks when see each other. And recently she said hi to me (quite loudly) and was talking to her other girl friend at that time while I was waiting for my turn in coffee shop in our university. I also heard her saying,"that's how you do it". She also smiled and I just smiled back but I didn't approached her at that time coz it was kinda strange for me at that time. But we kept looking each other with certain pauses and the smile was still on her face. I do like her and I am also single so I want to ask her out but I first want to introduce myself to her. So any suggestions and also tell me whether her behavior is mutual too or not? Girls and guys what do you think? Do I have a chance here?
Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she might actually like you and wants you to talk to her.. Why not approach her and start a conversation with her.. Ask her random stuff.. Like what she does for fun on weekend etc.. Try asking her out.. Or just talk to her find common interest and invite her to a concert o something.. Or find out if there's an event or something that she might be going to soon and take it from there... If u like her you should tell her you're interested in getting to know her :)

• Yeah. I am just waiting to see her but haven't seen her since few days. I will grab the first chance I get and approach her.
      Thanks for your opinion.

What Girls Said 3

• Girls, is it a sign of attraction if a girl whom you don't know initiates a conversation?
    Not in my opinion as I find gals unlike guys generally will converse with members of the opposite sex as people not potential f*cks and will talk to those they aren't attracted to seeking a pleasant exchange, companionship, comradeship, or friendship.

So any suggestions and also tell me whether her behavior is mutual too or not?
    Her behavior seems normal to me as in friendly not flirtatious.

Girls and guys what do you think?
    I think this may be yet another case of a guy reading too much into a simple exchange such as 'she looked at me she wants me' and such.

Do I have a chance here?
    Meh that seems to depend on your attractiveness, personality, wealth, and/or status and if it equals or is greater than hers.

• Highly likely. I wouldn't go out of my way to start a convo with a guy I didn't think was cute

• Thanks for your response. What do you think I should do to approach her?

• Right foot forward, left foot forward - just like mommy taught you.

• I wouldn't go out of my way to start a convo with a guy I didn't find a attractive, so it's most likely that it she could just be being really nice. But I think the next time you see her go up to her and ask her out. What is there to lose?

• True. Will do that:)
      Thanks

What Guys Said 1

• She wants to talk to you. If you wait too long, but keep looking at her every time you see her, you'll just seem creepy. Go talk to her before it's too late.