Is 25 too old for me (19) to date?

I have a date scheduled, but i'm starting to think I should call it off. I have dated guys 25 years old before, and even 26 when I was 18. I think he turns 26 this year, so it's a 7 year age gap. It's not big, but i'm thinking at my age, it is. What do you think? Would it be weird for him? Would he only think of me sexually and not take me seriously? I'm just worried about what his friends and family would think.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I say no, but it depends on where you are in your lives. Are you both in college? Are you both at the same stage in life? Your values need to align with his. That's going to be the most important factor.
    When I was in high school I dated a guy that was 3 years older than me. We started dating when I was 14 and he was 17.. he wasn't too old for me because he acted like he was 15 (which is actually why we broke up when I turned 18 he was still that same 15 year old boy I started dating he never matured and I had to dump him).

What Guys Said 3

• 25 is adult, 19 is teen. Adults shouldn't date teens.
    Responsibilities, means, occupations and experience are too different.

• Damn girl, way to make me feel old.

• Stop worrying what his friends and family think. Focus on what you think. To me, the life-stage gap is bigger than the age gap. You're just out of HS, not able to drink legally (in the US). He's likely out of all schooling and working in a career.

What Girls Said 6

• 19 is an adult. I'd say dating him would be fine. When I was that age I dated guys older than that. I think it just depends on what you want from a relationship, and what he wants, and wether or not those things are compatible. I suppose that's all that really matters in any relationship.

• Glad to see someone with a semblance of sense on here. People take themselves far too seriously. "LIKE OMG, HE'S A DIFFERENT SPECIES". No he's not. I volunteer with people 60 years older than me and find commonalities. People are not that different, despite the natural human tendency towards tribalism.

• Just have fun, live life, experience new things, *different* people, get out of the rut. Life is far too short to give a bloody shit what other people think.

• It is, for me. My brother is 7 years older than me (I'm 17, he's 24) and we are so different from each other mentality-wise and personality-wise I wouldn't consider dating someone his age or older. It's like we are different generations. But that's just me; if you, guys, get along really well and are attracted one to another, then why not? In modern times like this, I suppose that we have to be more open-minded about things :) In addition, girls mature emotionally a lot faster than guys their age, so a 26 year old man should be more mature than them (if you search for maturity in your partner).

• honestly it depends on both your maturity levels. My boyfriend is 13 years older than me youd never be able to tell I was younger one because of his maturity level if you like this guy give him a chance

• My brother has a 5 years difference with his girlfriend, she's 19, he just turned 25 and they are great together. I think it depends on what you expect on short terms. Sure if the guy is 25, already thinking about a family, it might be a problem, but many men are still in the mind set as girls your age.
    I also have a friend who's 21, her boyfriend is 26 and they've been together since she was 18.
    I think it becomes a bit weird when it's ten years apart but five years isn't such a big deal.

• No, unless you're just as mature and intelligent over him.

• My husband and I are 13 years apart... in our world, it just works. I'm kind of an old soul and he's always been a kid at heard - so it evens out. We've been together over 10 years.