Girls: How would you feel if your Boyfriend texted?

How would you feel if your boyfriend wanted to establish a relationship with your family. Knowing he had your mom's cell phone number he started texting her to ask how she liked a show? Is it me or is it weird? I never had a guy who wanted to establish a relationship with my family and would go ahead and text my mom.

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh. My boyfriend texts my mom. And I text his. Granted, we text them to ask them things if we're not responding to each other fast enough lol.

His mom texts me information that she knows my boyfriend either won't read, won't listen to, or won't remember and my mom does the same to him.

It's only weird if you two aren't like serious or something otherwise I think it's normal.

What Guys Said 2

• As a guy I'll say that if I've been introduced to her then it's only polite and courteous to keep in touch when her daughter's my gf :) I don't think it's weird. I also think it means he's taking his relationship with you seriously and may consider taking it to a further level.

ALL that UNLESS he's a cougar hunter :D

• That's pretty weird. If he's not into her, then I'd say he's just trying to be friendly and respectful to smooth out the usual awkwardness of someone coupling with your daughter.

What Girls Said 6

• its not weird.. it means he is getting really close to you. he is trying to
    establish a close knit circle amongst you all... it is a good thing.. if you love him and
    want to be with him for a while..

• To want to establish a relationship with your family, it means he's taking the relationship seriously and really wants to be with you. However, it sounds sort of weird to me that he texted your mom. Have they met before? Or was that totally out of the blue?

• I find that kind of strange in my opinion.

• It means he is very serious with you.

• he's probebly making a relationship with her so he can be in a better relationship with you and she would be okay with it

• He will betroth you to him forever.