Should a guy that's 5'6-5'7 just not bother with dating?

Especially in the early 20s age range, because it seems like in the early 20s girls don't really value personality or intellect, it's all about the physical

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh my gosh, I'm so tired of hearing/seeing people complain about things that are completely out of their control. You can't control how tall you are but being short does NOT mean you should just "give up" on dating.

My boyfriend is 5'5" which is the same height as me. No, it doesn't bother me and it doesn't bother him. Have some confidence in yourself. The more women you approach, the more likely you will be to have success with dating. If you don't even try then you won't get anywhere. Sure, maybe most girls "prefer" men to be taller than them but that doesn't mean you can't still be very attractive in the eyes some or most women.

What Girls Said 22

• That's not true at all that girls in their early 20s don't value personality or intellect. I'm 21 and 5'10", and currently in a relationship with a guy who is maybe 5'7-5'8? Since he's such a great person with whom I can have great conversation, as well as have pretty strong sexual chemistry, I'm not all that bothered by our height difference.

Occasionally it'll bug me a little bit when I see people's reaction that the girl is taller, but then I ask myself- what are we, in the stone age? I don't see why the guy should have to be taller. I'm not dating someone because of their physical appearance solely. If they're a great person and we're compatible, that's what matters most.

• I suppose the Asker overlooked the "pretty strong sexual history" part of your answer, kayla

• *pretty strong sexual chemistry

• No, keep putting yourself out there. When I was single I had the opposite problem. I'm 6'1", which means most guys are my height or shorter. Honestly, so many guys don't want to date girls who are taller than them which was unfortunate for me because I wanted to date them. Most of the guys I had ever been interested in were shorter than me but they couldn't deal with it.

Don't punish yourself. Society tells everyone that the man needs to be taller than the woman. Absolutely not the case, but it's why everyone feels weird when they see a taller woman with a shorter guy. Plus, there are many short girls, like 5'5" and under, who don't want ridiculously tall men because it can be very awkward.

• Not all girls care about height. Some do, like my mom, who only dates guys that are six feet and over despite the fact that she's only 5'2. But for many girls, height is not as much of a determining factor as some guys make it out to be.

I think that many girls like tall guys because they catch your eye. It's hard to not notice a 6'2 or taller guy strolling into a room. So, yeah, that's hot and all, but there's so much more to a guy than height. I honestly wouldn't care if you're two inches shorter than me if you have a great personality, and you don't seem insecure about your height (it's even cooler if you can crack a joke or two about it).

• What's wrong with being 5'6 or 5'7? Honestly I don't see anything wrong with your height. My brother is in his twenties and he is only 5'5 but he gets tons of attentions from girls around him. He is not that good looking either. My boyfriend is just an inch taller, I find his height really cute since he has this very young looking face. There is nothing wrong with being short unless you're a basketball player or something. And it is not true that early 20's girls don't value personality or intellect. When I first met my boyfriend, I didn't really like his looks because he looks very babyish to me but he is very nice and very smart, and he is very fun to talk to. So it's not true.

• Anyway, my dad is only 5'4 and he had so many girlfriends in his early twenties.

• Of course you should still ask girls out. I'm so sick of guys saying, women want tall guys - no, not all of us. For me, just tall-er like an inch or two and I'm 5'1". Both my brothers are small 5'4"/5" max and its never stopped them when it comes to women. My cousins are also mostly under 5'6" and none of them are single

• You are not extremely short.
    Don't be so self conscious.

• Questions like these are so ridiculous to me. Do you honestly think that there are no women willing to date someone who's like an inch less than average height?

• Yes, you would know if you were a 5'6 guy

• No I'm not a 5'6 guy, but my last boyfriend was which is how I know that not all women care if a guy is 6'+.

• For every girl like you there's 30 more superficial ones

• Absolutely not. There is nothing wrong with being 5'6-5'7. You are just not finding the girls you are compatible with. While there is a physical aspect to attraction, for me it is short lived. I am much more attracted to an intelligent and personable guy.

• I was 5'6 when I was in the 7th grade. I think you should still look around... you could find a petite girl.

• That isn't short at all so don't worry about it. My boyfriend is 5'8 and I think he is incredibly attractive... (It also helps that he is smart and funny lol.) Not every girl just wants to be with a tall guy.

• Should I have given up dating because I'm disabled? Most guys wouldn't even give me a second glance because I don't have sex appeal. But I found someone that can look past that and I know you can too. I've seen tons of short guys in relationships.

• I know a lot of girls who value personality and intellect. There is also nothing wrong with your height. There are plenty of girls who are shorter than you. Be more confident.

• I don't see why my young brother is maybe 5'5" and his wife is considered Hot.

• Hey I'm 5'3" so a 5'6" guy would totally be datable. Don't give up. Just find a shorter girl.

• False. I'm 5'2 and my last crush was only an inch taller than me.

• Don't worry you're under 18, you'll grow to be a normal superficial girl

• Not every girl whats a guy that 6.0 and over. Try going for a girl that are 5.0-5.4. You may have a beter chance.

• girls who are short are actually even more strong in their preference of tall guys

• I'm 5'0 and i tried dating a tall guy befor. he was about 6.8-7-4 I don't know but i hated the fact that i had to stand on a chair to make out with him all the time. the guy im dating now is 5.8 and i like it. he's not too tall.

• My boyfriend is shorter then you and he's a doll! If other girls reject you because you're short or any other dumb reason they're not even worth it.

• Forget about the five feet and concentrate on the seven inches.

• You will be horny though so even if you don't date you will wish you were.

I'm ugly and haven't bothered dating but now I am utterly alone.

• Don't! Never do. no offense to other girls but there's a lot more shorter girls so I wouldn't worry. That special someone will come, my brother is shorter and got a lot of girls so there's on reason to give up. by the way he's really ugly so there's hope for the world

• Guys prefer girls under 5'7", and also value looks over personality as well. That's just the way it is.

I know plenty of guys 5'6-5'7 who have no trouble getting girls, and I also know guys who are 6'0"+ who have no luck with girls.

• some girls like guys that aren't very tall.. dont just give up. thats more unattractive than anything.. dont worry i think your overthinking it. by the way how tall would you like to be?

• You dont know what you're talking about

• ok what do you want me to say? this was once said
      "a short guy to a girl is like a fat girl to a guy"
      is that what you want to hear?

What Guys Said 16

• Nah.

Look, I'm 6'3". All my exes like tall guys. That's one reason they chose ME over other guys. But I know a guy who is 5'4" who does -great- with women. If a woman likes a guy who is a good dancer, that guy has a good shot, and i'm toast.

It's true that most women who care about height, like men who are over 6'. But most don't care that much, and a significant minority don't care at all.

If you're genuinely short, then well, 2/3 of women aren't interested. That leaves only like a billion who might be. As long as you have good traits, some of those women you will have the qualities they're looking for.

• Hit on old ladies. They're lonely and they make nice muffins!

• I'm assuming it's only one person asking this question... i'm pretty certain that most people know it makes absolutely no difference.

• lol it doesn't matter at all, what matters is that you show a mature look to the way you talk and behave, girl feel intimidated no matter how tall you are if you act so much mature than tne, and then because they are so intimidated you can direct her to do whatever

• Yeah, there is a point to it because girls don't know what they want.

• I wouldn't say 'move on with life and forget about girls' is the best option. But its better than 'be obsessed with getting girls when its not likely to happen'.

Overall the middle ground is where you should aim. Don't avoid women, but don't expect to do really well with them either, since that isn't likely to happen for you.

• Not sure what height has to do with it. There are girls who are 5' tall if you're looking to be taller than her.

• Are you doing your best to make yourself as physically attractive as possible?

• Intellect, creativity, fun, etc., are way more important, man. My guess is that some girls don't expect intellect coming from a guy so young, and others just don't care.

The guys I know with the most female friends, best relationships, most good memories, etc. are all shorter than me at 5'11."

Don't let self-imposed beliefs about your physical limitations hold you back. You won't be president but you can be a kind of short guy but isn't that short guy who dates a lot and lives life well.

• They care about personality, you just need to be arrogant and self involved.

• Yes, can always pay a hooker though

• If they can be happy without women then why not?

• I'm going to be totally fucking honest here. Whether you give up is up to you, but you should bear a few things in mind. 1. You're going to have a very tough time. Girls are very shallow. You know you probably have preferences? Well, girls have requirements, and height is generally one of them. 2. There's more to life than pussy. 3. Pussy always has to be paid for, one way or another. Bearing that in mind, why not visit a prostitute?

• The point is to get a date. Your issue isn't you being short, it's your low self-esteem you have about your height.

So should you forget about girls? Yes, until you can learn to overcome whatever issues you're having because the world (with girls included) aren't going to pity you like you pity yourself.

Ain't nobody got time fo dat...

• I'm not going to sugar-coat for this. You're going to have a fucking tough time. Even I've been called too short, and I'm 5'11'', LOL. Girls are so shallow when it comes to height. They really are. Even short girls want tall guys these days.

• Most people are stupid. Why would they value intellect?

• 5'11 IS NOT SHORT lol. That b*tch who called you short must have some sort of self confidence issues with herself

• I think you have asked this question b4. I have seen guys that are in that height range with really hot gfs. What I've seen is that if you the shortness affect your confidence, girls will pick up on that and not date you.

• They key is to be confident! Doesn't matter what your height is or what you look like, if you have confidence then everything would be just fine!

• Please describe what you mean by a "supefical girl"