Girls, why are you so confusing?

There have been many times where I'd talk to a girl and think we are hitting it off, get her number, the usual, only to text her next day, or couple of days later to never hear from her again, or just get rejected with me going what the ****?

Is there something I'm missing here? Or what am I doing wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• Think about. Every girl out there can't fall in love with you. That's life. Just like not every guy out there will be into me. It's fairy tale mentality to expect everyone to be romantically interested in you. It doesn't work that way whether you are male or female. Those girls are not romantically in you. That's the sad truth. They did not feel chemistry with you or felt sparks. You put your big boy pants on then and move on. There's nothing that you did wrong. It's just that they are not as interested as you are. Life unfortunately works this way. Some people will like you, other won't. It's not because of you, it's because of love and how love works. We cannot fall in love with anyone. It takes a special person. Love really is all about trial and error and both genders have to face the reality of rejection, not being liked back and unrequited love.

What Girls Said 20

• Not all girls are like this. They gave you their number to be polite I'm guessing as obviously they didn't feel the same connection you felt with them, otherwise they would be excited to hear from you.

Describe how you act when you are interacting with a woman such as what flirting you do, the topics you usually talk about, how much you compliment her, how confident you are, and if she reacts back positively to you, so I can hopefully see what you may be doing wrong so you can fix it :)

• It depends on the woman. Usually I'll try to find something we have in common and try talking about that a bit. I try not to give many compliments, as I feel I'll come of as creepy, especially if I don't know the girl. One example I can give is this girl I met who was playing a guitar. I talked to her a bit about her playing, told her I play too. Told her I was in a jazz band once. She played a bit for me, and after I played some stuff for her.

• They are only "weirded" by them if they don't feel a connection with you or chemistry. You can even use it as a test to see if they felt something with you. If they hug back gladly, then she probably will be willing for a second date/meeting. If she doesn't, then you don't have to waste your time with her. :)

• If you don't want to go for a hug, you can always "touch" her during the conversation such as on her arm and when saying bye to her, gently put your arm on her upper back when saying "It was a pleasure to meet you." You should touch her naturally during the conversation anyway, don't do any awkward motions though, do it when it feels right. Only begin doing this when you get more comfortable with each other and like written below, her reaction determines your chances of another meeting.

• The reason... is they are GIRLS. They don't even know what they want.. or want they are thinking! Women.. women are different! We aren't confusing!

• Many girls flirt to avoid an awkward situation. They also may give their numbers out of pitty and politeness.

• I don't know why you're attributing this behavior to women, when I had this same thing happen to me and my girl friends multiple times.

• what do you mean? elaborate.

• You think you're hitting it off, exchange of phone numbers and such, then never hear from them again or your texts get ignored.

All I'm saying is that it's not just s girl thing. Everyone does this shit at least once.

• Hmmm... maybe you just haven't met the one that's actually interested in you... and have been bumping into nice girls who don't like to reject guys right away... they do it lightly and discretely :]! It's not confusing! It's life.. and when you don't succeed you try again until you do!

• Hmm usually when I do this there must be something unappealing about him. It can be the way he talks or something else isn't right. So I lost interest and stop talking.

• Some girls just flirt and give out their number to be nice. How can you explain men? They are just as confusing.

• I rather have a girl that's REAL and BLUNT, and just say she isn't interested. I'd smile and let her get on her day and get on with mines. At least she was honest with me and that's all I'd really ask for.

• I would love for all guys to be like you, but they aren't so then we are judged by being called too keen because there is no chase involved ams apparently all men love a good chance.

• I would like to ask the same question of guys. I give my number after dude is all drooling and he never calls.

• I would call. Mostly I guess since it's rare for a girl to give me her number, and I'm kind of scared to ask girls for

• Because people often are just nice and are afraid to reject someone straight to their face. They feel bad if they have to do that so rather do it when they dont have to face you.

• A girl can be head over heels for u one day and gives u her number. But finds out something about the guy that she doesn't like. Ex: her friend says she likes the guy too, learns something bad about the guy, finds out ur a player, etc. some girls just like to play games or hard to get because they think guys will want them more. Hope I helped, if not oh well Hollah????

• I personally like to be confusing sometimes not 100% of the time, but enough for the guy to think about me more and realize that he likes me. Lol...it works to. If I act difficult, the guy will think about me more and then realize that it bothers him that I'm giving mixed signals and he might develope feelings.

• I confuse myself everyday.

• Usually people find the opposite gender confusing because they think of them as a collective whole and not as individual people.

• Look into "A Method for Dating" by Matt Lantz. You may not be approaching them the right way. He gives good advice on how to approach women...

• Ha I wish I knew the answer to that.. I don't even make sense to myself

• That's just the way we r

Don't question out logic and hormones

• Trust me, you boys are the confusing ones. Girls are simple if your paying attention. Body language is huge. Truth is you probably did miss something that would have seemed obvious to us that's all. Just be honest and ask what happened

• Because She is a girl

• I think it depends on the girl but yes the kind of girls that act like divas also exist .

What Guys Said 5

• Nope. It's a numbers game. As I've said this on here many times now, although everyone believes that their actions cause or influence the actions of another, according to a lot of psychological research, the actions of another rarely have anything to do with anyone else. You probably hit it off with her and she liked you, but for a number of reasons (most of which had nothing to do with you), she decided not to pursue it. In other words, life happens, especially to women because, as most know, they tend to be much more emotional than men. Try not to take it personal and try and see if you can learn a lesson that might help you with future relationships, and just move on. You'll eventually meet a woman who isn't hung up on her ex, or doesn't have a family member dying, or isn't concentrating on work, or isn't fighting with her parents, or any of the million or so other reasons for which the others decided not to pursue a relationship with you.

• Girls don't know what they want. I mean they do but then they don't. It's very complicated to explain. And they also say one thing and mean another. Females are emotional creatures. A lot, not saying everyone, base their decisions on how they feel. Girls compete with each other, women empower one another.

• Maybe you're taking it too fast/seem to eager

• Trying to understand women is like trying to prove god exists. No way to prove it but some believe it anyway

• you need to learn how girls think and what they want