Do I need to update my friend?

So my friend set me up with a guy a few weeks ago. She gave him my number and just let us organize everything at our own pace. He and I went out for lunch last week and I think it went ok. Sparks weren't exactly flying all over the place, but we did get along pretty well and he seems like a nice guy. He and I have been texting but nothing much has happened since.
My friend hasn't asked me to update her, but do I technically "owe" her an update on how things went?

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• I think it depends on how close you are with your friend? I am assuming you guys are close since she gave the guy your number. If it was me I would update her and thank her. Maybe you can say your taking things slow with the guy, etc. I think it also depends if you and her gossip and talk about and how close you guys are. But you should also update her when you feel the time is right to.

What Girls Said 1

• You don't really "owe" her anything. But if you want to share your feelings with her, then do... if not then don't. Don't feel obligated to do anything.