How often do you tell your significant other they are good looking/pretty/handsome?

Girls, how often do you tell your significant other that they are attractive? How often do they tell you?

Guys, how often do you tell your significant other that they are attractive? How often do they tell you?

I'm just wondering if anyone else has issues with their significant other never paying them compliments. My boyfriend tells me I'm pretty like once a month if I'm lucky. I've talked to him about it but that made no difference. I know it's silly to be annoyed by that, but it's just nice to hear. I am a female after all!

Most Helpful Girl

• If I had a boyfriend, I'd probably say it every once in a while. I'm not a huge fan of over complimenting, since I feel like that just kills the purpose. But you know, if he put extra effort into looking good or if I found him to look slightly better one day than during most days, I'd definitely compliment him and tell him that I think he's handsome/sexy/good looking.
    I feel like a lot of girls actually don't realize how much a compliment can affect a guy. It seems like a lot of girls expect their boyfriend to constantly shower them with compliments, while they don't have to give nothing in return. Complimenting is not essential in a relationship, of course, but it's the little things that count. A compliment here and there really does make most people extra happy, especially if it's genuine and not overdone.
    And yeah, if I had a boyfriend, I'd expect him to put in as much effort as I am. Meaning, I'd like to hear a genuine compliment every once in a while. Nothing over the top, just him noticing whenever I've put more effort into looking good and so on.

It sucks that your boyfriend doesn't like giving you compliments... but hey, at least it's better to have him compliment you once a month genuinely than compliment you every day forcefully, right? Also, he might just have a different love language than you. While you seem to like compliments, he might like a different method more that you haven't been paying attention to. You should probably read this. http://www.5lovelanguages.com/ :)

• Oh... I just realized that the site doesn't have too much info since it's basically just promoting a book... but basically, the 5 round images at the top should pretty much summarize what the 5 love languages are all about. If you want to learn more you should probably just google it or something. :)

• No problem. Does he do any of the other things, then? Like touching you, giving you gifts, doing nice things for you?

• Eh, sometimes. Affection is a very rare thing.. He touches me often, but every once in a while he will so something super sweet like run his fingers through my hair or kiss my nose/forehead. But I'm usually the one to take his hand or get close to him. Maybe He is just used to me initiating? Gift giving only happens on birthday/holidays... He does have a lot of cute nicknames for me, though. Kitten is my favorite. I know he loves me. It's just the attention thing I suppose.

What Guys Said 3

• Well, as long as you feel he's giving you love, I wouldn't get stressed by it.
    He's probably so used to that extremely pretty girl on his side that he doesn't tell you anymore.
    And without exaggerating the compliments, I'm convinced 99% of the guys seeing your question would not find the girl with the spontaneous smiling look on you profile picture attractive!
    Enjoy life with your boy and warm regards from Belgium :-)

• I don't have a SO atm, but you're look gorgeous :)

• Why can't I just put my head on your lap and CRY

What Girls Said 8

• he compliments me way more than i to him... i dont even compliment :/
    i simply do not see why we should compliment someone that we're with. us being with you already tells you that we find you attractive. i find that actions speak more than words.
    when he's sleeping, i would lay in bed and watch him. after messing with him, i kiss him to wake him up and he gives this smile that makes me want to squeal. so i kiss it bc i really like it. sleepy smiles are the best and he knows it <3
    i would also like to that that me smiling when he does something new or when he's changing is a better compliment then simply saying you look pretty. i would prefer him saying YOUR ASS LOOK FANTASTIC IN THAT and grabs/bites it. i just shows more ya know.
    i get upset when he compliments me cause i dont feel it. it seems to have no meaning in it and it makes me feel like he's lying bc of it :/
    i do love it when guys smile at us when we're talking and then pulls us in with a kiss on the head, then says i love you. squealllllllll

• you are like my boyfriend lol he smiles and kisses me when i open my eyes, waking from the sensation of his fingers on my cheek

• when he use to go to work early, he would pull the sheets back on me cause im a sheet kicker and then closes the windows so i dont get cold. he would touch/hug/kiss me goodbye... and i would doze off ON him lol
      having stuff like that is way better than compliments.

• awww :3 actions really do show

• every time we are in bed together i touch his lips and tell him how cute he is. he blushes and stays silent or bites his lower lip. *///*

• um he never compliments me but he stares at me and touches my face with this lovey dovey expression. he does this when i'm asleep too. i have caught him several times.

• That's soooo cute!

• This makes me smile. Very cute.

• my boyfriend and i compliment each other on mostly a daily basis ahahaha, we have always been super lovey dovey and flirty too each other even after being together for over a year. i always love to remind him of how much i adore him and how much he means to me. i do that with both words and actions and he always does the same back to me. some may think thats an over kill of compliments but i dont think there's anything wrong with it, everyone loves to know how much they mean to someone and its nice to hear someone compliment you, it makes you feel good and can brighten your day (:

• Everyday! he looks like a model to me :)

He doesn't tell me as often once a week or so.

• Daily... I like to remind him how good he looks to me, usually by saying things like "hey handsome" :) I am so dorky! He always responds with a similar compliment. :)

• I tell him everyday. I try not to do it too much. I truly ring him handsome and hot and I don't say it each time I think it actually.
    He often tells me he find be beautiful and I love it because his eyes shine when he say it :)

• my boyfriend tells me everyday i think it is really cute as it shows his cares but he never calls me sexy he always calls me beautiful

• To a man, "Beautiful" covers "Sexy". Sexy is even kind of more shallow then "Beautiful" although I am not sure if any girls will agree.

• When there's an awkward moment I just kinda blurt out "you're cute/sexy" he enjoys it thought haha