why don't girls text first?

so I asked a girl for her number over Facebook (old friend) and she gave it to me and she asked for mine, then tonight she imed me and asked if I was going to text her butthead... I was thinking why wouldn't she text me first?

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be that she doesn't know exactly the right time to text you. I do this sometimes, I worry if I call or text a friend I will be bothering them. So most of the time my friends have to text me first. it sounds silly, but I think to much and worry that what if they are studying. Then I am interrupting them and they may feel obligated to continue a conversation with me.

What Girls Said 1

• Some of us do text first. If we don't it's playing hard to get, or just pushing the responsibility of keeping in contact on the guy.

What Guys Said 1

• It's most likely because you asked for her number first. You obviously wanted it. So she's wondering when you're going to use it. Or why you haven't used it yet.

:-)