What do guys think of a 6 footer girl?

I'm a 19 year-old girl in college that's never had a bf and but really would like to find a guy that's not too intimidated by my height of 6 1/2 ft, that can get past it and get to know me better.

I just happen to come from a very tall family but I'm really shy around guys (this doesn't help that much I guess, some end up thinking I'm not interested, unapproachable and on top of that my height). I really mean no harm. I don't get asked out too much and there were two guys who did told me I'm pretty and fun to be around with but too tall.

Is there any willing guy that doesn't care about this and would still date me? Any guy willing to overlook this and stop thinking I'm some intimidating block when I'm just a shy girl and still very feminine.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was in 5th or 6th grade I attended dance classes. Often the girls were taller. I was once partnered with a taller girl who was big in other ways. She pulled me close and buried me between her boobs. Scared the heck out of me. Now I would love that.

Seriously though, the initial meeting could be intimidating, but after that I might be just fine. Not sure since it has not happened. I suggest you make friends in general, then once people know you, you can work on attracting guys from that group.

What Guys Said 12

• I think it's more of your "fuck off" output than your height. If you seem unapproachable, chances are guys won't approach you. It takes a lot for guys to work the courage to overcome the fact that they might get rejected and approach the girl. There are guys who like taller girls; I have a roommate who is not that tall, but he is going to marry a girl who is taller than him.

• I don't mean to come off like that. I'm a very outgoing girl with my friends and family. It's just around guys esp. if he's cute I'm shy with. I saw one smiling at me, I smiled back but then looked down and turned the other way.

• Don't do that! If he smiles at you, hold your eye contact.

• Well, as you have run into I do think that generally speaking girls tend to prefer taller men while men prefer shorter women. While I would fall into that category my last girlfriend was taller than me. Your height would not be a gamebreaker, but as I am six feet tall that would be saying a lot less than if it were coming from someone around 5'9". Its quite possible that men are intimidated, or otherwise feel inadequate, if you were substantially taller than they were.

Proportions are more impactful than sheer height, regardless of gender, so I would not say that your height has any impact on how attractive guys may find you. It may just impact how they look at themselves in comparison.

• Im 6'-2" (: i dont care if a girls te same hight as me and i like talk girls they ahe nice long legs, but most guys are stupid and they want to feel dominant in the relationship so they want a girl shorter than them so thats what I'm assuming is happening :( sorry

• Cool. True many get intimidated as soon as they see my height. Sad reality.

• I would date you. I think tho, most guys prefer shorter gals than them, because they would feel awkward if the girl was taller than them and feel a bit emasculated.

• Thanks. Nice to hear there are brave guys after all willing to date tall girls.

• I love taller girls. But at 5'8", they are rarely interested in me.

• I don't mind but they do. There was a guy that height interested in me and actually spoke to my best friend. She told me he wanted to ask me out but was intimidated and thought it was too tall for a girl. Sucks.

• You'll find one.

• I would love a girl that tall!!! I'm 6'4 and it's not easy for guys too to find girls if you're that much taller. But you sound hot

• id love to date a girl taller than me. that doesn't happen though and im 6ft lol

• guys who are leg men

• i would talk to you if i am at least bigger than you

a girl can't be taller and wider than me

• I'm 5'11'' and I'd be happy to date a girl who's taller. I'd actually prefer a taller girl to a short girl, though my ideal is slightly shorter, 5'9'' or 5'10''.

I think you mean 6 feet and half an inch, though. You surely don't mean 6 feet and 6 inches, or do you?

Even if you do mean 6 feet and 6 inches, it wouldn't be a problem for me.

• If she's cute, hott?

• If I liked you I wouldn't care about your height at all.

I'd probably feel a bit weird thinking YOU would have a problem if I was shorter than you. I mean I'm like 5'9 probably at the most. But I personally like tall girls.

So if you didn't have a problem with it... I wouldn't either.

What Girls Said 1

• It really sounds like you're just meeting a bunch of guys who are pretty low end. I'm 5'10 or so, so also on the tall side for a girl and I definitely get where you're coming from. From as long as I can remember, I was always really self-conscious about my height till about now (21 years old). Embrace your height, if you're confident about it guys will love it. After I embraced my being taller than the average girl and stopped feeling down about it, I can't tell you the number of times guys would tell me that they love my height, and how long my legs are!

I'm actually in a relationship with a guy who's a little shorter than me right now, and it doesn't bother me or him in the slightest. If someone selects who they're into based on height, they're no good anyway.