Why do guys try to give hickys?

Like I don't know why i wanna know this but i just wanna know

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys have told me they do this to let other guys know about their conquests -- and for the girl to be "marked" as proof by a particular guy, so to speak. I know this from personal experience. It's not fun to have to explain bruise-like marks all over your neck. Avoid hickeys at all cost! If a guy tries to give you one, tell him "hell no you're not!" and whack him lol. Do what you gotta do!

What Guys Said 3

• ehh, i don't really know.

As a guy, I have some biological desire to suck on girls boobs, so maybe this somehow translates to sucking on her neck? I know that sounds messed up, best reason I can think of though.

• the neck is a sexy thing. I think it's b/c it's what visually leads to the chest. I think it's more of a learned thing than biological, but I'm not sure. And given it's surface area, location, and texture, it's really convenient to suck on it instead of just kissing it.

• Maybe he's marking his territory, LOL!

What Girls Said 2

• Not sure, I just know a guy who wants me to give him hickies haha. But I guess it's for the same reason as they would want to give it: show people they've been with a girl.

The guy I know sounds mischievous and proud when he tells me about the hickies I give him. And he even told me he never tries to cover them up.

• My high school teacher use to say hickies on girls are like dogs marking their territory.