Girls, do you use smileys and winkies in your text msgs intentionally, and why? When do you stop using them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll usually throw in a smiley face to either express my happiness, or to just make a text sound nicer.

I don't use smiley faces in every text message, though, because that'd be pretty excessive/annoying, and I wouldn't wanna weird the person out. I mean, I'd be weirded out if a guy constantly used smiley faces. There's nothing wrong with sounding a little blunt.

I never use winky faces unless I'm trying to be ironic.

• I've read that a mix of smileys and winkies in a text suggests that the girl likes you and is flirting? Base on the replies here that's not the case, hmmm... interesting

What Girls Said 3

• Yes I use smiley faces mostly in every text message. I use them because it helps to show the feeling behind the messages and guide the person as to a better meaning of what you're saying.

For example, if I was to say "my day was fine" it could be taken as a sarcastic way. But if I say "my day was fine :) " it seems like I'm happy. That's why I use them.

I tend to stop using them when I'm pissed off about something or not in a good mood. :3

• I do use them. Mostly to show that I'm being serious or not, joking... it shows my mood. The moment I stop using them is when I'm pouting or when I'm angry... but it's probably different for other people.

• I use them when I am happy or to show that the statement I said wasn't angry. I stop using them if they are sending the wrong message.

What Guys Said 0