How long do you take to get over rejection?

I never really take rejection personally. Yeah it sucks sometimes but at least you tried and now you know and can move on and keep looking. And I never hold a grudge against a girl if she rejects me because I've rejected my fair share of girls and I never did it out of spite. I wasn't attracted to them and told them the truth. So I can appreciate honestly when it comes to rejection. I usually get over it right away or 1-2 days if I really liked her and had my hopes up.

• 5 minutes
  • 1-2 days
  • 1 week
  • You never get over it

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm at a point where I prefer to get it over with and find out ASAP rather than days of "not knowing." I feel like the longer a person's in the "not knowing where we are" phase of things, the worse that rejection hits them. This is because instead of any possible hopes building up for let's say... 1 day, people build up their hopes for weeks and even months just to get a no. The longer people hold onto their social anxiety, the more that rejection's going to hit them.

Not only that, but I find that people (men and women!) are very looks based and overlooking common interests. Like, I'll try and find a gym partner as a way to at least do something together. It's low/no cost, it's active, and even if it doesn't go well, something got done for the day. Plus I am surprised that nobody thinks of asking the girl they were interested in if they have any friends maybe looking for someone to meet up with. Networking is not exclusive to job interviews after all. Just because interest was shown doesn't mean you're absolutely obsessed with the person (at least I would hope not!). People need to stop being afraid to show that they are looking for a date. The big reason people don't ask is because people are constantly hiding the fact that they are single.

What Girls Said 14

• I think it really depends on how confident you are. Since I am very self-concious and with a kind of low self-esteem , when I got rejected it took me a lot to get over my crush's rejection. I even lost weight because of him, but now it's back.. But I've known people who get over it in a week max. And I don't know why, but it seems guys get over it faster. :) There's nothing you can do besides moving on.

• But. I appreciate the truth. At least since you're going to reject me, tell me the truth. haha

• It doesn't matter if I knew a guy for years or a guy for two seconds. People are allowed to reject me, I don't have a god complex. I don't own anyone and no one owes me anything. Getting rejected sucks, but I have a strong hold on reality and my sense of self is also healthy. There are more important things to get pissed off at or hurt over, besides rejection. It doesn't matter if a guy is nice about it or a total dick, he's allowed to say no to my advances.

• If Im not emotionally involved with the person a few days. Extremely attracted a few weeks. in love: years and might not get over until I find someone new to love.

• I've been broken up with my gf for over a year and people tell me to move on like it's so easy

• @dodger Whats the point of getting stuck on your ex for a year? Seriously go out and meet new girls. You're just making yourself miserable by not getting over her and that probably effects your dating life.

• It generally wouldn't take me long, but if they feed me bullshit upon dumping me I spend forever picking everything apart, wondering where I went wrong. I just always want to know what the real reason was that they decided to end it. What happened between "i really like you" and "im too busy"? Until I receive that truth or enough time passes, I'm emotionally hung up on the rejection

• Okay, so it's not like I never get over it but it takes a while for me. Like 1-2 years? It depends on the situation.

• I've never been rejected but there was a guy who chased me for almost a year, we spoke n the phone every day but I wouldn't meet him as I lacked confidence in my looks and felt he was too good for me then once he met a new girl I cried for days on and off for months about it... and now, over a year on, i'm still not over it, he's still with her, i'm still feel like second best and that he hates me but I am bipolar and not yet medicated.

• Rejection : I ask a guy out he says no?

Or

Rejection : I've known a guy for years, i'm in love with him, and he decides he dos not have feelings for me?

#1. id say 5 seconds but you didn't offer that, so i said 5 minutes.

#2. I don't know. yet to be determined.

• It depends on how bad it was , most people take a month or two

• If a guy rejects, there is nothing i can do and i move on

• Not very long.

• Much like these ladies have mentioned, it takes me FOREVER!!! My gosh, but I'm def workin on it. Last time the rejection did come from having feelings for a guy and things were goinging well when he found out a girl he had sex with right before we met was pregnant by him. Yeah, boom a year later I'm still sour about him but I'm pretty over it. I nit-pick at the whys? could've 's, why didn't I's and now im his fucking therapist, love guru, friend. It's bad to analyze things ALL DAY LONG! I guess I was in love? What ever. Now as far as getting rejected when there are no feelings, a week more or less. Although I have never been rejected due to my fear to that, I don't risk myself. And I agree, the more confidence you have the easier it is to shake it off. Obvi, I have none -.-

• Im pretty sensitive so I dont take these types of situations so well. I was a big wreck when my virginity got taken away by a guy that claimed that he really liked me and wanted me... plus my ex had cheated on me and wasted 2 years of my life when i couldve gone out with this other guy that i happened to have a crush on...

• my crush was always telling me to leave my ex and to go out with him... i was stupid for nt doing so.

• It used to take me pretty quickly to get over it, but since I've been rejected by every guy because I am hideously ugly, I have a hard time now. I've basically given up. And the thing is, I've never once gone outside my league. I go for guys who are already friends and who usually have been rejected quite a bit by women. However because of my face, I can't get anyone.

• Like two weeks. I only been rejected once

What Guys Said 7

• Not going to lie, but I think I'm vain enough that a little piece if it will stick with me forever, haha. Not like it haunts me, but I have a little chip on my shoulder about it. I think it's the athlete in me. If you doubt me or best me, all I can think about is doing what I have to to eventually show you up. I'll never e a dick to girl about it, but I can't wait to cross paths with you with a hotter girl on my arm, haha.

• It doesn't even take me five minutes. There are plenty others who'll like me.

• I'm an A guy. I don't dwell on rejection much anymore. Just gotta keep putting shots up, and I will eventually score! :-D

• Usually I'd be over it if its just a crush after like 1 or 2 days but if I were to say love the chick then I probably wouldn't get over it for a while.

• Girl at clubs a shot haha a girl I've grown to like emotionally and physically, depends on how much i cared but longest was a month

• It Depends upon person to person.
    we can't specify particular time frame for "FEELINGS..."

• The more confident you become.. the easier it becomes to simply move on.