My boyfriend only told me he loves me one time?

I've been with my boyfriend for 8 months. We were best friends before we started dating so we'd always say things like "love you". Early into our relationship, there were a few times we'd be laying in bed and he'd say things like "you know I love you right?" and I always took it as on a friendship level. About 2 months ago, he told me this whole speech about how he's been scared to say it, but he loves me. I was the best thing that's ever happened to him, going after me was the best decision he'd ever made, yadayadayada. I said I loved him back. However, we were also drinking that night. We weren't belligerent, we were coherent enough to know what we were saying, but he hasn't said it since. The closest he's come is saying "I love that about you" about a certain aspect of me we were discussing.

I know this is a pretty specific situation but guys - but would you ever say you love a girl once and not say it again or would you be more comfortable saying it after the first time? Do you think he loves me or not yet?

Most Helpful Girl

• The guy said he loved you. Why aren't you believing him?

Guys aren't wired like girls. They don't feel the need to say it all the time because... they already said it. And they meant it. They don't see the need to keep repeating it.

The question is, why are you so insecure that you need to be told this constantly?

Don't fret. You're just going to create problems in the long run by worrying over little things like this.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• You didn't react right lol that's probably why he never said it again.

Oh, and guys do this crazy thing where they mean what they say - imagine that!

• Do you tell him that you love him? How does he react to it? You could just ask him about it, and how his feelings are towards you.