If the person you're dating says you have some qualities that are a deal breaker to anyone but he's not leaving you, what would you think? or feel?

The boy I'm seeing says that I have some qualities that are very annoying but he's not leaving me. Even though he's misinterpreting my behavior and I don't have the qualities he's claiming but If I had them I think he should dump me, because if he had them i would dump him.

Example: if your partner thinks you're insecure, clingy, needy, selfish... but you're not any of those what would you do? and how would you feel?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would ask how I am those things, and what I did to demonstrate those qualities? I'd feel like this person will never like to his or her full potential. It seems like this person is settling or waiting for someone better. I would feel sad and disappointed.

What Guys Said 2

• Thesedays, I'd probably tell them that they're full of shit and prejudices and they're good at mis-judging people, and they won't get another chance to do it. Then I'd leave.

• If I were secure I would laugh it off as transference or projection. If I weren't I might go on a web forum and post about how wrong my significant other is.

• I guess I'm not as secure as you are but Im definetely leaving him and finding someone else, who's loss it is? :P

What Girls Said 1

• I would have to communicate with him what my behaviors are, and the discrepancies and inconsistencies his opinion suggests. Communication is key. But if he doesn't get it after our discussion, I would seriously have to reconsider the relationship.