Guys, when your mom does not like the girl you are dating?

I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend for almost 3 months. I have known his mom with a few years, because she works in a convenient store close to my home. I know she does not like me, when ever I was in the shop she never said hello. I always got that feeling she looked down on me. She now knows about our relationship and he told me that she is not happy about it. It does not effect me, but I think it will affect my boyfriend. What will I do?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• if your boyfriend loves you, he's going to want his mom to like you, and he isn't going to want to choose between his mom or you, thus you have to try to make her like you. go over to their house, maybe offer to help make dinner with her or something, make small talk with her, etc. on the other side, you're boyfriend can talk you up to her, like how you make him happy and laugh a lot, etc.

• I don't think I'll ever be invited there. Part of me does not want to be introduced to her, maybe because I know her already

• see, if you two are serious about each other, that lady could be your in-law one day. i'd be trying to make friends with her. granted i don't do most of what i said with my boyfriends mom (i do say polite good night/hello/how was work thing), but i'm pretty sure she's indifferent to me. your boyfriend needs to bring you over, i don't think its healthy for mom to not like girlfriend. it is always scary/intimidating to meet your SO's parents for the first time (if you haven't already).