If a guy asked if you wanted to go camping as a first date would you be interested?

A friend of mine wanted to give me advice on asking a girl I like out. This was one of those thoughts which I thought was a terrible idea.

Assuming you've talked the guy 2-3 times and then he asked you to go camping. What would you say?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say no. 1) do you know if she likes camping? camping can be fun and romantic if you know and like each other already. it's awkward and weird if you don't know each other. and she may HATE camping 2) that's an overnighter for a first date. It's presumptuous YUP awkward again.

its way too much way too soon

What Girls Said 11

• No, I wouldn't go on any over night trip with someone I barely know, male or female.

If he was my friend, that I had known for months and suggested the idea for a date, I'd be up for it.

But if he was a guy I just met asking to go camping for our first date? No, I wouldn't accept that, and I'd be very suspicious of his intentions.

• If you want to do something outside of the box you have to think outside of the box. IT also helps if you know ANYTHING about who you want to take out on a date. You can do anything engaging for a first date. Go to a cooking class, take a rock climbing class, take horse back ridding lessons. There are plenty of things you can do outside of dinner and a movie.

• I'd be like "yeeeaaah um no." but i'm pretty shy around guys, so i don't know about the outgoing girls. camping would be more of a "okay we're serious now" date to me personally. whatever happened to the movies? haha

• I feel that the movies seems to be something that's been overdone. Of course it's still a consideration. I want to try something unique, but also something I know she would enjoy.

• like other people have said, it could be awkward for her. that could be like a 4th or 5th date type. on my first date with my boyfriend, where he had planned for us to go ended up being closed for some reason and he had no idea what to do. so we just drove around and wasted all the gas. we talked though and i thought it was really special because nothing really went right, but i loved it. i'd hate for that to happen to you, but don't try to plan something perfect- sometimes unique isn't perfect.

• You make a good point. I wasn't going to go with the camping option at all. I was mainly curious how many would go for it.

• OMG I would love it... more than be interested! I love camping! But, there would have to be other people around! Just in case! Ya know! To make things safer. I would go if he let me know it wasn't just he and I!

• I agree with christinalong.

Assuming this girl likes something sporty/outdoorsy you can do tennis, miniature golf, ice skating, bowling, etc. You can even just walk around town and give her your own personal tour. I just wouldn't do something that's really time consuming and better saved for when you know her better.

• I'd advice you to go out for a coffee or drink first then ask her about camping after.. this will give both of you the chance to get to know each other and give her the chance to get a little more comfortable with you, at least before she goes camping with you.

• I would say no. First of all, I hate camping. And since we would have only talked 2-3 times, I wouldn't care enough about him to do him a favor. If it was a long term boyfriend, then I'd make an exception and every now and then do something I hate, just to make him happy. But this is pretty much a stranger. Third of all, it's too much intimacy too soon. Sleeping in the same tent on what is supposed to be the first date? Not good.

• I would totally say yes! I have always wanted to go camping but my parents never took me :(. Also I like when people have out of the box ideas. Since most typical first dates are dinner, movies, bowling etc ... You do though have to consider what type of girl she is, if she does not like getting dirty or bugs maybe not. If she is all for adventures then I think Camping is a winning idea.

• Even if you've only talked to the guy 2-3 times? Briefly.

• Okay if it is briefly probably not, I was thinking more like you hanged out 2-3 times. So hold off on the camping for later and plan a date based off of interest. Ask yourself what does she like? Some suggestions would be laser tag, the zoo, video games, play bored games etc ... Something different but simple to give you time to connect and talk.

• i would love to go camping.. but not on a first date.
    i'd like to get to know the guy first before i go off into the woods by ourselves for the night

• I love camping but I wouldn't want to go on the first date.

• Typically Id be the one suggesting doing exactly that. so yes.

• I wouldn't be interested in going camping with a guy for a first date.

What Guys Said 2

• Just ask her out to lunch or the movies.

A girl wouldn't go camping with a guy until they have been dating for a while, and that's assuming she likes the outdoors. A girl isn't going to feel safe or comfortable doing that.

• Lunch and a movie is an option, but kind of lower. I want to do something that isn't so common.

I thought that same thing, specially the part about them being uncomfortable with it.

• What if the girl thinks going to the movies is creepy?

• If a girl asked me to go camping on the first date, I'd definitely say yes. I'd just smuggle a gps tracker somewhere on my person and tell everyone that if I don't come back, then log on and see where my body is.

• I'd also hollow out one of my teeth and put a cyanide capsule in there in case she tried torturing me.

• That sounds reasonable. As long as you're prepared what could go wrong?