i think i lead him on.. but i just want to be friends?

so i started talking to this guy from my school online, and he looked pretty cute in pictures.(i haven't met him in person) we were texting and started talking about cuddling and whatnot. he told me to come over to watch a movie and cuddle. so i agreed. (we ended up doing it at my room though)
he came over and just wasn't as attractive as the pictures? that might sound kind of shallow but hey, what can I do.
anyways, i wasn't going to meet him and say Oh, no you can't come in...
so we watched the movie (not cuddling) then once it finished he asked if i wanted to cuddle for a little before he leaves because i said i was down for cuddling and its my favourite.
i felt like i couldnt say no because i feel like that would be kind of mean? he is already a little unconfident in himself b/c he was so shocked that i agreed in the first place.

getting to the main point, he asked me if i wanted to hang out tomorrow. i just don't see him in a romantic way and i feel like i lead him on a little too much and i feel so bad about it! i really just want to be friends with him.
i don't know how to go about saying that without the whole "lets just be friends" thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• there's no nice way for you to do this. just tell him that hanging out made you realize a frienship is all you can offer to him

• but f*** me, some move fast... you just jumped to hey come over to my place to cuddle. :)

• :D
      Can i come over and cuddle with you? :P Joking! Did you tell him?

• yes please come!!

What Guys Said 5

• I don't see a problem here. You are not entitled to like him when you meet. There is always a chance that the person looks different or not as attractive in person than they do in the pictures. You don't have to give him the real reason although you could if you wanted to. Just tell him that you didn't feel a spark.

• You are going to have to be honest and tell him, I was led on by a girl for 2 months and when I told her how I felt she backed off and said she only wanted to be friends and that she was sorry for messing me around. Please tell him ASAP, there's nothing nice about stringing someone along

• You shouldn't have agreed to that without meeting him in the first place. Yes, you did lead him on, but it's too late to change the past. Learn from this in the future before you agree to something with someone you've never actually met. It's going to hurt him, but you're going to have to have that conversation. You put yourself in this hole, so now you've got to climb out.

• I don't think you lead him on. You were just trying to be nice and make the best of a weird situation.

Unfortunately there's just no way around it. You're just going to have to tell him in a nice way that you see him as a friend.

• Yes the prob with filters

What Girls Said 2

• Just be upfront so you don't make things more awkward or cause confusion

• bleh hanging out with dudes means he thinks there is a chance you will get horny and do him