Should I tell my best guy friend I like him or would it ruin the friendship? How can I tell if he's interested in me as more than a friend?

I've known him for almost a decade. Our relationship has always been platonic, excluding us getting a little grabby with each other when we drink. He dated a friend of mine when we were teenagers so I have always put us being anything more than friends out of my mind. Well, at least until recently.
We've been spending a lot of time together, he texts me basically every night, we hang out regularly and as we've gotten closer I've started to develop feelings for him. I want to tell him but I am not sure if he feels the same way and am worried that if he doesn't I'd lose a great friendship or he'd withdraw.
So should I tell him, just wait for him to make a move or for my feelings to fizzle out?
Also what are some good ways to tell if he's interested in me as more than a friend?

What Guys Said 1

• Signs he likes you:
    He gets "grabby" when he drinks around you - I only get "grabby" with girl friends I'm attracted to
    He texts you every night - I would not text a friend every night but I would text a girl I like every night

If you've known him for 10 years, it wouldn't be a bad idea to just talk to him about it... or just get him to kiss you.

What Girls Said 0