I wrote my boyfriend of 5 months a note and I regret it. Should I ask for it back or let it go?

I don't know why I decided to write him a note but it wasn't a note it was more of a two page letter. I just regret giving it to him cuz guys don't like that corny crap. It didn't say how much I like him or anything it just said how I like that he's mature and gets along with my family and he's nice and all that crap. He said he thought it was really cute and thanked me for it but of course he's going to act like that but I know he thinks it's stupid and I just want it back so I can rip it up. Should I just ask him for it back? What do you think his real thoughts about the note were?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I don't think it's stupid.
    In fact I'd think that, you care for me :)
    In this era of Whatsapp and FB people don't know what is a hand made letter? lol :P
    I have kept all of those letters my girlfriend gave me and when I miss her, I look at those letters :)

What Guys Said 4

• If she really means what she writes, I wouldn't see a problem with it.

I don't think you should spend time regretting something that you believed was right in the moment. Is there any chance he could have genuinely liked the note?

• We do like that stuff

• It depends on what you wrote about and how you wrote it. But in general I would like that. It's like a sign that my girl is thinking about me and in a good way. I'm not going to hang the letter on my wall or something, but I will keep it.

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds as though he was a big sport about it, but just somewhat embarrassed at all the compliments and flattery maybe he didn't feel he deserved.
    No, don't "ask for this back," That might stir up some trouble. Just go on as usual, and no need to bring it up again, unless he wants to go "straight to the letter" with anything. You did good, he knows it, and is probably not finding it "stupid", but instead----sweet, sweetie. xx

• let it go, let it go, don't hold it back any moreeeeeee, let it go, let ittt goo -frozen

• Just let it go. But you're right. Some guys don't like that. My guy would actually tell me the truth that he doesn't like it and then throw it out.