How much do you have to date?

I'm almost 25 and didn't date much growing up. I guess I could have, but my self-esteem was too low. I got my act together and matured, and dated a number of girls from 21 to now, mostly in the last 1-2 years. While some of these girls I really liked, I would work toward relationships but either they wouldn't work out or they'd end things. Now I've met a girl who really fits me in about every way and it's going great, but I feel compelled by society to date more people and have a number of relationships before getting married. I'd like to think I'm focusing on the right qualities in this relationships, namely her maturity, security with herself, etc., rather than the sex, which neither of us are that good at. I'm wondering if you think someone my age can be mature enough to choose a marriage partner having not been in a lot of LTRs.

Most Helpful Guy

• "I feel compelled by society to date more people and have a number of relationships before getting married."

If you are happy with what you have, treasure it. The grass is not always more green on the other side.

"which neither of us are that good at."

Read a couple of good books on this subject and you will be flying. Don't trust those porn movies/magazines. They are there for your money, their purpose is not to

help you have great sex. Do you notice they almost never ask you, "Do you love your partner ?" Do you think the producers/editors/actors in those movies/magazines even know what love is ?

"I'm wondering if you think someone my age can be mature enough to choose a marriage partner having not been in a lot of LTRs."

If she is what you want, and you what she wants, that is a good place to start.

Achieiving clarity on the topics below would benefit your future include,

WHY should you get marry ?

What are your life purposes ?

What are her life purposes ?

Attitudes to having children ?

What Girls Said 2

• Don't be silly.

A relationship first starts with TWO people. If they can get along, then we bring in family and friends to celebrate the development / growth of the relationship

If you really really want this girl, let this relationship develop. It's all about finding the right ONE - not a plethora of flings.

You can learn MORE if you stick to one person and commit to someone you love and care about, than having several meaningless flings.

If you've found that someone special, don't let them go

• The easiest choice you should ever have to make in your life is who you will marry. If its difficult or you second guess yourself, don't get married to that person. Some past relationships help clarify current ones - trust yourself.

What Guys Said 1

• Ok ...well you sound a lot like me..I'm actually in the same situation..

Well one thing you have to understand is that society shouldn't have any pressure on you to keep dating or whatever.. If you feel you've met someone worth being with ..then do that.. and get to know each other and experience love ... .and if it leads to marriage later ...then so be it..

I'm not saying jump into marriage, but you're already in a situation where you don't have to be out living single trying to date a bunch of girls that aren't even compatible with you. Just stay doing what you're doing now and hopefully it will all go well.

It doesn't matter if you guys haven't been in a bunch of relationships, no one is an expert in love..you guys just have to learn to love one another together.