Why doesn't he just ask me out? Does he not like me?

There's this guy he always stares at me. we make prolonged eye contact and smile at each other. Im pretty sure he knows i like him. But we rarely talk. He's had previous girlfriends and has no trouble talking to his friends who are girls so obviously he's not that shy. He doesn't really talk to ME though. Once he stood up for me and cried because some kid called me a slut. And i think he likes me because his friends nudge him when i look at him so why doesn't he make a move? Why doesn't he at least initiate conversation with me? I'm shy so I dont talk to him and bc I dont want to seem desperate.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Im pretty sure he knows i like him" <--------- Why would you assume that. It's probably more likely that he think you do not like him.

"He's had previous girlfriends and has no trouble talking to his friends who are girls so obviously he's not that shy" <-------- Not necessarily. There's a difference between talking to girls you are comfortable around and talking to a girl you are not comfortable around.

"Why doesn't he at least initiate conversation with me?" <------- Maybe he doesn't know how. Maybe he's so wrapped up in trying to find the 'perfect' thing to say. Maybe he doesn't think you like him.

"I'm shy so I dont talk to him and bc I dont want to seem desperate." <-------- Excuses, excuses. I've heard too many times, but I still can't believe that girls think that talking to a guy will make them look desperate. It's unfathomable.

What Guys Said 2

• Expressing your feelings and interest does not make you desperate.

Maybe he's not sure if he wants to pursue you yet. I am sure he has his reasons. Try to confront him in a very nonchalant way.

Hi, my name is... how are you today? I appreciate you standing up for me the other day and wanted to thank you.

That's a good start I think :)

• Write him a note then , like meet me behind the toilets , so u can give him a BJ ;)

What Girls Said 1

• Talking to him will not make you seem desperate. Go over and say "hi" or smile at him and see his reaction. As someone mentioned, he may not be sure if he wants to make a move yet.